Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Oklahoma Gun Show

AzRednek

At the most recent meeting of my gun collector's club. Several members that are planning on attending were claiming it is going to be the biggest gunshow ever. I can't recall the number of reserved tables but it was numbered in the thousands. If anybody ever attended the Great Southwest shows in the Los Angeles area know what a large gunshow is like. The upcoming OK show is supposed to be nearly twice the size of the Great SW show. I could not cover the Great SW show in one day. I'm the type though that like to look through junk boxes and I have a tendency to get conversations going.

Sure wish I could attend the OK show. If it is like the Great SW shows were, the competition was intense and retail prices were reasonable. I've found gunshow shopping is similar to shopping flea markets or pawnshops. Dress down, remove jewelery, wear a Timex watch and Kmart shoes. When negotiating, claim X amount of cash is "all I have".

http://www.tulsaarmsshow.com/

April 4 and 5. Damn, time flies. I would love to go but I'm gun poor. That show is the greatest, ever. It's like 1/3 larger than the really big show in Houston. 10 acres inside, and every table full. I have walked the whole show in a day, but that's not with much stopping or even slowing down.