Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New Addition

odies dad

We were finally matched yesterday for the adoption of our daughter.

We will be heading down to Texas this weekend to get the next round of paper work done and bring her home.

Kiera Elizabeth was born March 13 6#9oz 18".

We will be spending the better part of next week in the Abilene area. We need permission from Texas to take her out of the state and permission from Minnesota to bring her in.

This is a start for my wife's attempts to balance the hormone ratios in our house. She will join our three boys in the general mayhem that is our family.

We made it to Abilene. We ended up stopping early in Bethany Missouri saturday afternoon due to the snow, but we made it from there to AbileneTexas in a long days drive.

One thing that made the trip more exciting, is the loss of my brakes at about Kansas City. No one was open on Sunday to fix them, so I just drove carefully. The line that runs across the rear axel had a leak so I couldn't keep fluid in the tank. The idiots who designed the Pontiac Montana put the reservor under the cowl tangled up in the windshield wiper mechanism, so it is really hard to get fluid in the tank. I made a funnel extension out of a Heet bottle. Went through 2 bottles of brake fluid but still didn't have much for brakes. I used the transmission to slow down and the brakes would stop me from a slow roll in neutral. Just had to leave a lot of room to stop. Found a guy down here to fix it this morning.

We are planning on stopping at the J.M. Davis gun museum in Clairmore OK on the way home. Just missed out on a gun show here in Abilene this past weekend. Got in too late.

Got nice weather down here. Finally ran out of snow about Oklahoma. Missouri and south Iowa made us feel right at home. Cars in the ditch all over tha place and one upside down. Supposed to get a foot of snow at home over the next couple days. I'll soak up some Texas sun first.

Please pray for a safe trip home. We meet and pick up Kiera this afternoon.

Apparently my previous post didn't make it on the board. Wanted to say congrats not only for the new addition but for successfully navigating the bureaucracy. When I was foster parenting we had two newborns that were up for adoption. The amount plain ol'fashion BS the adoptive parents were put through was incredible to say the least. Not just the govt bureaucracy but through the church as well.

My X and I had the ear of those in control and I really encouraged them to select a particular couple. The couple was looked down upon simply because of their wealth. I was asked numerous times if there was payola involved or if I was influenced by their social status. The church was discouraged because they were what the church called a mixed couple. Not race but Catholic and Protestant. I favored the couple because they really got involved, attending parenting classes and they really got involved with the baby. They were spending so much time at my house they practically lived there at times.

The church favored another couple, both were educators and Catholic. An English teacher and a high school principal. The bureaucrats went back and forth but seemed to favor a MD with an attorney wife. I believe the bureaucrats feared the attorney and possible lawsuit if another couple was selected.

My X and I split before the final decision was made and I never did find out who was picked. I was asked to attend a meeting but declined simply because I didn't want to be in the same room with my X and the Bimbo attorney.

We have our daughter!

We had a wonderful visit with the birth mom and the foster parents this afternoon. After that we went shopping. I don't like the buckle on the car seat we had, so we got a different one.

Babies are chick magnets. It is amazing how many people had to stop and check her out.

Got the brakes fixed this morning, so driving is much more fun. I'm starting to figure out how to drive in Abilene.

We have not received the OK to leave the state yet so we are planning on heading to the Fort Worth area tomorrow. When we get the word, we will start making our way back home. Hopfully the snow will be gone by then. I kinda like the temperature down here. Awful windy though.

Kiera slept most of the afternoon, so I suppose it will be party time tonight.

My wife must love me. We are on our way back home from Texas to Minnesota and she spent her birthday with me and Kiera at the J.M. Davis gun museum in Clairmore OK.

I could spend days there, but we got going early and made it to Joplin MO for tonight. If all goes well (which I am not counting on) we should be home Saturday. We got about 16" of snow back home yesterday, so I am not really looking forward to that. It is nice down here.

Kiera is a great traveler. She fusses when she is hungry and when her pants are full (which is often). We got the OK to go home.

We made it back to Minnesota today. We are in Albert Lea tonight. We drove from Joplin, MO to the southern border of MN today. Long drive, but Kiera is a great traveler.

We will get to the inlaws tomorrow and home Saturday.

Long trip but well worth it.

OD,

Glad it's going well with the travel. That's a blessing indeed. 2 of our last 3 were NOT good travelers until they were about 2yo! That was difficult.

Hope the transition for one and all continues to go as well as the trip has.