Military Firearm Restoration Corner

China And Usa: Dependency/hate Relationship

FC

We've got a really interesting situation here. You have the USA's wealth transfer to Red China, which in turn buys up U.S. dollars. At the same time we are enemies, and some military leaders in China are preparing for battle with the U.S. (this is documented). So, if the Reds provoke us we cut off trade, which chokes their income. If we print money to finance Obama's credit-card like spending spree, then we anger the Chinese and dilute their wealth through inflation. The Chinese are warning us not to inflate the dollar (Rush says that the Chinese are possibly the only ones who can stop Obama's plans; amazing, huh?). If we do like I think we'll do, and print lots of paper, then the Chinese will have less reason to play nice with us, and war would be less unpalatable to the Chinese government. Trade and money are the only things that will block China and the U.S. from duking it out in the Pacific. Poor Taiwan will stand shaking at the threat of takeover.

The build up prior to WWII with Japan is a similar scenario. The U.S. imposed economic sanctions on Japan to force them out of China and we backed Japan into a corner. The choice was made to go to war with the U.S. because they felt they had no options, and at the time America was fairly weak militarily.

China has many millions of soldiers and sailors more than willing to fight America, should they get the word. Their technology is also advancing at a break-neck speed. If the U.S. hurts China economically, it could be enough to create a possibility for China to consider war, in spite of the fact that we have a new dynamic Commander-in-Chief running the country. :blink::wacko::rolleyes:

Spiris

War with China ...that would be interesting.

Now we could win. If we waged war, but do we do that any more?

Do we even accept the CONCEPT of winning a war anymore???

I, somehow, don't think that the concept of avoiding unreasonable force is big on the Chinese army agenda...at least the Tibetans don't think so.

What would Japan do?

Rearm I think, remember that this is a re-do of the 30s for Japan as well, and best case have a go at China.

Nightmare for us ...ally with China against us.

Question is does China fear the USA..No, I don't think they do.

The leaders in China have a problem.

For the first time in history the common Chinaman has had a bit of the "good life": enough food..a job..a few goodies and they won't go back with out a revolution and the leaders know that.

I am sure that some them see this whole "financial crisis" as a plot to destroy them by ruining their economics.

The party MUST fight or go economically forward to stay in power.

If ,as the Obama crowd claimed, "our army is broken" fighting two small wars in the Mideast.

How, the Chinese must be thinking, are the "long-noses" going to deal with a billion well armed Chinese?

I think that Obama will "deal" that is "Appease" China whether that will be good or bad in the long run I don't know.

karl

P.S.

Just to make it clear, I don't think that our Armed Forces are broken. My Marines, given a free hand, could burn Peking and reduce China to a laundry good only for washing our skivves...but I am not the CIC..Mr. Obama is.