Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I've Been Robbed

Limpid Lizard

I spent last night down on the river. It was wet and cold, with just a hint of snow in the air. When I got up on the hill this morning, I had 4 inches of heavy snow in the driveway. No tire tracks but mine, in or out.

I ran a few errands and was gone for about an hour. When I returned, my snow had been stolen. Not one other driveway in the neighborhood was cleaned out, and the snow had not been pushed into the street. There was only a bare driveway, and no piled up snow. I figure someone must have stolen it. I'm tempted to call the police and report this crime. I do not even have a suspect in mind. LL

I am guessing that your trip from the river to the hills was long enough to get your vehicle good and

warm.

You were back home for a while before you went out for the hour.

While you were in the house the warm vehicle changed the character of the snow

under and just around. While you were out running the errands, most likely a bit of sun hit where you were parked

and finished the job your warm vehicle had started.

Happens here a lot when the temps are in the 30's, the car brings the snow temp up and if you go shopping

during the day when the sun comes out, where you parked is the first to go.

Tinker :P

Sorry guys, I had to go out of town for a few days and was not able to upload from where I was. I honestly have no idea who stole the snow. Tinker's idea is great, but the driveway is a couple of cars wide, and I parked inside rather than in the driveway.

I'm thinking that someone I did a good turn for decided to do me one. I cannot imagine what else could have happened to the snow unless it was an alien abduction. LL