Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Info On Jim Brown

swamprat

I purchased a 22 single shot rifle with the name Jim Brown. I have learned it is a Stevens early model 15. Stevens made several of thier guns marked with sellers name instead of Stevens. I am looking for info on Jim Brown. I bought this rifle because of the name. A real close friend of mine by the same name passed away from lung cancer. I bought this gun to restore as a rememberance to him. I would really like info on this Jim Brown.

Thanks

Swamprat

I purchased a 22 single shot rifle with the name Jim Brown. I have learned it is a Stevens early model 15. Stevens made several of thier guns marked with sellers name instead of Stevens. I am looking for info on Jim Brown. I bought this rifle because of the name. A real close friend of mine by the same name passed away from lung cancer. I bought this gun to restore as a rememberance to him. I would really like info on this Jim Brown.

Thanks

Swamprat

Swampie there is a Savage/Stevens collector's group out there somewhere on the net. I haven't been there for a few years but I think I found the link from Savage's official website.

Swampie there is a Savage/Stevens collector's group out there somewhere on the net. I haven't been there for a few years but I think I found the link from Savage's official website.

Az

Thanks I'll see if I can find them. Never thought there was a collectors forum for Stevens. Old brain is failing fast!

Swamprat