Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Texans, I Was Just Wondering...

BradD

Jason, Jerry, Tony, Tom, Ron and all our brother Texans,

I was just wondering, I know all of you have been less than enthusiastic about Governor Perry at times. But recently he has been firing a lot of volleys that are our kind of stuff, concealed carry permits, anti taxation, Federal encroachment (pro gun rights, pro state's rights, anti tax).

So has he redeemed himself with our kind of folks down in Texas? Is he on the track we always wished he would have been now? He's something of a folk hero outside Texas.

As for us in the "other republic" not much redemption going on here in California. We in the Central Valley, the east side, and the northerners are still resisting the alien invaders, but the coastlands and the south outnumber us. Don't know that we'll ever be able to reverse the insanity.

Sort of wish we had someone like Perry to stand up and speak for us, with some clout. It sure isn't going to be the Ex-terminator. His days of terminating evil got lost on Martha's Vineyard.

Brad

I've changed my mind about Ricky some,but I'm not saying we were wrong his first few years in office.The issues he backed at first seemed so important,but now,with what we have running our country,I reckon maybe he is on his way to being a hero.He tried to make it manditory that all girls 12 and under have the cervical cancer prevention vaccine shot,and it was discovered his family and friends had tons of money invested in the vaccine company.He done nothing about the border problem,but now the economy is taking care of that,and he is a strong backer of the huge highway from Mexico to Canada.When he refused obama's money,I went back to his side.Texas is doing pretty good money wise,so maybe he just needed some experience.It's just hard for me to trust a democrat that switches parties just to be on the winning side.So far,he's redeemed himself with me,and I'll vote for him again unless he really screws up again.Jerry

Lepards don't change spots. He still believes in the same old crap. One America for all countries on this continent. A free road to Canada from the south. He is just bending to the present opinion. No gun control, etc. He knows were the power lies at this time and is catering to it. When the pendolum swings again he will go with it.

Swamprat

Brad,

The thing you have to keep in mind is Perry is a politician and being a conversative politician, I see him as taking advantage of the situation. Recent events play well for an elected man on the Republican ticket in a fairly conversative state. All he's got to do is publicly agree with his electorate and he looks good.

Me, I'm with Tom on this, in that, Perry needs to be able to back up what he's saying if/when the time comes. Opera non verba - results, not rhetoric, are what impress me. I like what I'm hearing, but I'm not totally convinced yet. Hopefully he won't let his mouth write a check it can't cash.

-Jason

I think swampy's right. I further see this guy trying a presidential run in '12. When he was acting dictator of Texas, he could push the trans highway land grab, selling it to foreigners, tax anything moving, etc. stuff. Now he is looking to '12 and sees that he has to provide lip service to us if he wants to get ahead. Talk is cheap. I look at what they do. Just like The O. He says lots of things, but look at what he has done.

Perry is going with the loudest voices,backing those with the most votes,but just as Joe Biden did,he switched parties to get on the winning team,and it's something I just can't forget or forgive.On the other hand,we conservatives set back on our haunches the last 8 years,and let liberals convience the "non willing to work",crack whores,illegal aliens,and uneducated college students they were getting screwed if they had to get a job and pay taxes.Ricky is saying a lot of things I'm liking,but he's tried to do some things that mule-lip me terribly,but backed off when discoved it could cost him an election.George Bush didn't kiss any hands of towel head prince's that I know of,and said to the devil with public opinion when he made his mind up.He had his faults,but he wasn't as elastic as Perry.If he'll back up the things he's pushing for,he can and will be a good leader.We'll see.