Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Survival For Retired Folk

swamprat

5 or 6 folk's alone in the (northern) wildnerness. With a spring arrival. I was just wondering what if say 5 or 6 of us guy's or gal's with minimum retirement income were to combine thier monies. Could we survive a winter in the north? Some where were we could hunt , look for food and nuts in the fall, winter meat when the season is right should be no problem. Building a shelter for 6, Suppling a wood supply for heat, preserving the food all these could present a problem. However if we only had $4000.00 a month and worked together could we do it? Or would it cost more? Or are the risk's of all working together the negative factor?

Swamprat

All Ak has is snow, he doesn't have a yard.

$4000 / mo in the northern part of the lower 48, I'd say yes certainly.

I use a wood stove. My monthly gas bill is around $75.

By the time you pay all your bills that might only leave you around $3500 for food.

It might be tight but if at least 3 of you get a deer and a turkey and a few pheasants

to supplement, I think that you could scratch by.

Tinker :P

All Ak has is snow, he doesn't have a yard.

$4000 / mo in the northern part of the lower 48, I'd say yes certainly.

I use a wood stove. My monthly gas bill is around $75.

By the time you pay all your bills that might only leave you around $3500 for food.

It might be tight but if at least 3 of you get a deer and a turkey and a few pheasants

to supplement, I think that you could scratch by.

Tinker :P

You would be amazed the snow is almosted gone.

well hell swamprat i am soory i forgot you don't drink water because of what fish do in it so you must not eat fish .

As long as they are cleaned right then the eating is great. I would love to come spend the summer but the old lungs won't let me. Maybe after I get my transplant lung things will be better and I can do some of the fun stuff again. Beer, Broads, and Bait what more could a man ask for?

Swamprat