Military Firearm Restoration Corner

No More Foreign Beer For Me....

karlunity

Fellas.

I have sinned...

I left Pabst and Bud for the seductive charms of foreign beers.

The Spatin was nice and I loved Paul's girl, Becky was charming and Foster had her lure.

Then there was "Adams" and Hinny in my yuppie period.

but they have all faded in to history.

No..I have seen the light.. It is Blue Ribbon for me or BUD.

I have returned to my roots...think it will make a TV movie?

karl

You haven't sinned with beer until you have sucked down a 40oz King Cobra.

Right, Karl. Check with Michael Moore.

Of course he will portray you as a right wing nut job who never even tried Venezuelan beer and caused starvation in the southern continent and illegal immigration and lack of adequate national health care in America.

No Sierra Nevada? You may be staying in the house too much.

B.

Rev. I have done the 40 oz malts.

Brad I have tried the Mexican beers and found them interesting.

Still from now own it is Blue Ribbon for me or Bud.

The only bit of beer snob-ism I retain is that I prefer bottles to cans.

Doc Hess....Pabst has gotta still be made in America...gad..nothing else is conceivable.

karl a reformed fella.

P.S. After a few..I was thinking..I really outta have a dog instead of a cat...problem is Tawny has been my friend for 20 years....I GOT IT..as I quaff another brew...I shall re-name her "SPOT" tell her she is a boy dog, instead of a girl cat, and teach her to do tricks.

We went to a party, sort of, put on by a retired UTMB alumni and former Sex-Ed teacher at TAMU. He was fairly old. His wife offered me a beer. They had Miller Lite. For a 2nd beer, I went to help myself and noticed some Shiner in the refridgerator. She told me that her husband admonished her for buying "that cheap stuff" and told her to get the Miller instead. You know, 50 years ago, Shiner was probably considered to be about the bottom of the selection for beer.

I actually remember the students talking about his Sex-Ed class when I was at A&M. It was kinda "out there." Funny that he moved up here, but then half the people here are from Texas. Or, Escaped from Texas, as I call them.

Karl,

Sir to assure you have a true Amrican brew may I suggest HOME BREW. As the name say's you can't get any more American than that. You can get diferent flavor's, colors, alcohol content, and if bottled green the roof removed from your home. :lol: Get on line, buy the equipment, and happy sailing! Screw buy American, lets go MADE AMERICAN. If you need help with the brew I may be able to help. However I have long since progressed to my own still. NOW if you need help with one of those give me a shout!. I am slightly sober on on on on some day's but never between and @@##$$# your cousin! She's or maybe he's a he##of-a lot better looking than you! Trust me Karl Home made is the only to go. Contact me or her or him or them or us for details. American made is best.

Just a note: We sell most of our surplus product to Democrats. Nancy Polisi is a big buyer.

Swamprat

Dr.Hess,the old Shiner beer your referring too was the cheapest beer you could buy back in the 70's and early 80's,along with Hanley.Shiner Boch is a dark,but not very dark,beer made in South Central Texas at Shiner Tex.It's a premium beer,price wise and flavor.They do have a light,blond,and some German types,but the original is still my favorite.

I've never tasted home brewed beer.Moonshine is a different story.When I was in South Africa,we drank lots of Castle beer.The company that owned them is the new owners of Miller now.Castle is very good beer,so maybe they'll be good to Miller.The Africans laughed when I ordered a Castle.They say Cau-sul.

Karl,Shiner Bock is in Colorado now,so keep your eye out for it.Oh ya,it only comes in bottles.Good heads up Jason.

Jerry

Thanks Swamp rat.

I made home-brew about 25 years ago but stopped when we came to Cali as we did not have enough cool days to let it ferment.

When we first met my brewing got the Hippy mad at me.

We were in a small apt back in our student days and I made a batch, now bottles that you could cap were hard to find, so on my first batch.

I filled them to the top and capped them..

Well the Hippy had gotten a new rug for our "front room" and paid what for us in those days was the princely price of $ 40.(This was a one and a half room apt) and I put the case or two of brew in the corner.

One day when we got home, the place smelled like a bar and there was glass and beer all over the new rug. : (

karl

The later batches were better. The only problem I had was letting it sit for 6 weeks...gad.. the temptation.

Thanks Swamp rat.

I made home-brew about 25 years ago but stopped when we came to Cali as we did not have enough cool days to let it ferment.

When we first met my brewing got the Hippy mad at me.

We were in a small apt back in our student days and I made a batch, now bottles that you could cap were hard to find, so on my first batch.

I filled them to the top and capped them..

Well the Hippy had gotten a new rug for our "front room" and paid what for us in those days was the princely price of $ 40.(This was a one and a half room apt) and I put the case or two of brew in the corner.

One day when we got home, the place smelled like a bar and there was glass and beer all over the new rug. : (

karl

The later batches were better. The only problem I had was letting it sit for 6 weeks...gad.. the temptation.

Karl,

My Dad made homebrew during the depression. They had bottled some up green, put it upstairs in the house. The bottles starting exploding. About this time the county sherrif stops by. Says I been told you are making illegal beer.I don't have a search warrant but I'll be back in an hour with one ( one damn fine sherrif). Dad had to use quilts to cover the exploding bottles to get them out of the house. The sherrif came back the house was clean of beer. Dad said they ruined the quilts because of all the glass blown into them. I blew a still clean over the tree tops once but what the hay! I wrote it off as an experiment in uncontroled pressures. :lol:

Swamprat

I've been making homebrew since about '94 or '95. One of my med school classmates/frat brother helped get me started. I need to make a batch now. I put my bottles in one of those $5 plastic storage containers with a lid in case something blows. I haven't burst any bottles in a while now. I made a batch of mead from 4 or 5 lbs of honey back about '99. For some reason, it fermented real slow, or kept ferminting a long time. I bottled it at 6 days and it was too soon. I had a lot of burst bottles. It was some kick-azz stuff too, and very different than a beer or wine. I had to pitch it all when we moved because it would be way to dangerous to truck 500 miles.

A buddy of mine loaned me a copy of "The Alaskan Bootlegger's Bible" a couple weeks ago. Doing that has had the same effect of giving a mischevious teenager a copy of the "The Anarchist's Cookbook"....its kinda got the wheels spinning. :P

My dad makes wine as a hobby. I'll probably end up making some beer before everything's said and done.

I'd really like to make some moonshine but I fear the BATFE enough to stick to brewing and stay away from distilling.

A buddy of mine loaned me a copy of "The Alaskan Bootlegger's Bible" a couple weeks ago. Doing that has had the same effect of giving a mischevious teenager a copy of the "The Anarchist's Cookbook"....its kinda got the wheels spinning. :P

My dad makes wine as a hobby. I'll probably end up making some beer before everything's said and done.

I'd really like to make some moonshine but I fear the BATFE enough to stick to brewing and stay away from distilling.

I'm pretty sure it's okay to distill whiskey for personal use. As I recall you can make several gallons per year.

The whole thing with the moonshiners in the old days was they didn't pay taxes and thats why the "revenuers" came after them.

It's ok to make shine just don't try to sell it or give it away. Personnel use means just that.

Swamprat

Now I am interested..soon as we move I will look into that.

karl

all i can say is miller lite. As soon as I got my I.D re-newed, off to walmart for an 18 pack. Think i'll drink a few tonight for sucessfuly passing all my classes this sesmester.

Never did get into home brewing. Did some home grown once upon a time, but i didn't inhale.

Brenden