Military Firearm Restoration Corner

An Expensive Week

karlunity

Fellas.

We decided to get the street side fence replaced.

It was 20 years old and looked it..so we call the fence guy 2300 bucks but we get a back gate!!!

OK, it looks much nicer....But then the Air con unit dies..it was one month out of warranty!!!: (

1750 bucks more.....gad..I could get a case of 7.62/39 for that...well, half a case.

Still the Hippy and Tawny the cat are well and I got half a six pack in the icebox ..so life is good.

karl...

You got a good deal on that A/C unit. When I replaced mine 3 years ago, that was the price for mine................with my brother's dealer's discount. I am afraid to see what it would have been without the discount.

You got a good deal on that A/C unit. When I replaced mine 3 years ago, that was the price for mine................with my brother's dealer's discount. I am afraid to see what it would have been without the discount.

Not sure what units y'all are repairing or replacing but last week I replaced our two original 3 ton, R-22 "builder-grades" that died together right on cue after 10 years. Both evaporator coils leaked excessively over the winter (3lbs and 5 lbs.) after having been topped off late in the summer last season. I replaced these two "split systems" ( interior evaporators and exterior condensers and compressors; everything but ducts and furnace) with SEER 13, R410A systems for right at $13k. Back in the day a/c's lasted 20 years.

I also purchased a professional-quality french horn for $2,200, the asking price (regular $3,500+) from a young "struggling" musician/student. I'd say I've done more than my bit for the economy... and will likely lose my job in the next few months.

Not sure what I'm thinking but it seemed like the right thing to do under the circumstances.

Bob, you play the french horn when not doing gun work or your day job?

This is indeed a diverse group. BO would be proud, if we just paid more taxes.

Actually, my 15-year old son does. He's rather "accomplished" for his age. Currently he uses a medium-quality school horn and plays in a few different bands/ensembles/orchestras. We wanted to make sure he had a "lifetime horn and wanted to help some other folks.

Me, I can't even read music but I'll bet we do have some real musicians on this forum. Like you, I have no interest in paying more taxes.

1500!!!

And you don't even GET a fence.

There is a story that when Oglethorpe started Georgia he said that he would accept all manner of rogues and whores as all deserved a second chance only LAWYERS were to be banned.

karl

1500!!!

And you don't even GET a fence.

There is a story that when Oglethorpe started Georgia he said that he would accept all manner of rogues and whores as all deserved a second chance only LAWYERS were to be banned.

karl

Not a fence but seems there is something one always "GET" when dealing with lawyers.