Military Firearm Restoration Corner

For Fc Or Dr. Hess

karlunity

A blood test can be used to test allergies.

Antigen binding is the principle behind ELISA, or Enzyme Linked ImmunoAssay. Basically a test surface is coated with a number of different allergens/antigens and the subjects blood is given time to bind. Then the blood is rinsed away and the test surface is exposed to UV light and where there is a lot of UV shine there is a lot of binding and therefore the subject is allergic to that antigen.

Jimro

The Hippy went to a "natural healer" and he told her of an allergy test,..tests for 150 allergies, using a blood test...cost 600 bucks!!!

Does this seem right?

karl

Karl guess I'm kind of bitter but recently a good friend of mine let a natural healer kill her. Her fault as well as she was to vain to have a mastectomy. She let this creep convince her he could cure her breast cancer. She spent an inheritance and went deeply into debt to foot the bill for treatment that wasn't covered by insurance. Couldn't understand her as she was model quality with brains but apparently not mature enough to sacrifice her good looks and opted for snake oil instead of conventional treatment that might have saved her life.

Well, I think that the Hippy is wise to him.

That is very good for HIM.

Anyone hurting my flower-child would would find the action regrettable. Karma will get you everytime!!

karl

Glad she is wise!! I got taken in by a natural healer many years ago. I spent a small fortune on magnets that were supposed to cure my back and arthritis pain. I wised up after making an appointment to let her know her magnets didn't do jack. The so-called treatment was guaranteed and I wanted a refund. This isn't an exaggeration or bullsh!t. She insisted I needed a series of herbal enemas to remove the cigarette and Diet Coke sweetner toxins that were blocking the magnet's healing power.

I should have know better. My Grandfather worked as a quackery investigator for the City of Chicago a short time during WW2. Due to the shortage of Dr's during war time many people turned to quacks. According to Grandpa people spent big bucks being exposed to light and buzzer shows that were supposed to be some kind of special radiation and healing rays.

I dunno, jimro. I know the theory, but is there a correlation between having an antigen binding and actual allergy symptoms?

Well yes and no. If someone has allergy symptoms and there is antigen binding and by removing the identified allergen the symptoms are relieved then I would call that good correlation. My wife's wheat allergy was identified by IGG antigen binding, so I may be a little biased.

Jimro