Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Car Accident

spec4 e4

My wife and I was off for the day, so we thought we go to Bass Pro on I70 in Mo. While setting on the exit ramp to get on the ramp, a car rear end a car that rear ended me. Took over 45 minutes for the cops to get there. Everyone is ok, but we are soar in the neck and lower back. We went to the ER and took over 6 hours for us to get out of there. they took X-rays and my wife got a CAT. They give us off for 2 days, but our work will not let us come back till a doctor release us to go back to work. But I think we are ok.

As for the pickup truck, my 2006 Ford F-150, the bumper and hitch was twisted down and the when we when across the road to get the otherside, I saw the that the 4wd was in low and would not turn off. Then we heard a bang. We went to the dealership and get our stuff out of it, and the body shop manager said it was out of the 4wd low. I am having it check out, after the bodyshop.

Here is the kicker, I was the first to call the woman's insurance company. :o That is what the claim adjuster said to me over the phone. He is going to the dealer Monday to look at the truck. I am hoping there is not a problem.

Rob

Thanks guys. Yeh, they make pickup truck every day. I am glad that I left room in front of me. If I did not, there would have been more car in the accident.

Rob

Go to a good bone cracker (the ones not reconized as doctors) It's chiorpractor or something like that. Get yourself fixed up. But keep the saw bones in the dark (don't let them know you been to a bone cracker). They will have you disabled for life or until the insurance runs out (which ever comes first). In the mean time you will feel good and be free of any pain. Oh yah don't let the insurance company know either. The doctors and the insurance company's deserve each other.

Swamprat

Go to a good bone cracker (the ones not reconized as doctors) It's chiorpractor or something like that. Get yourself fixed up. But keep the saw bones in the dark (don't let them know you been to a bone cracker). They will have you disabled for life or until the insurance runs out (which ever comes first). In the mean time you will feel good and be free of any pain. Oh yah don't let the insurance company know either. The doctors and the insurance company's deserve each other.

Swamprat

Whatever happened to honesty?

Whatever happened to honesty?

I agree!!

I would avoid a crooked Chiropractor but if your neck is sore seek out a good one, see the family Dr or your health provider's primary care guy. An honest Chiropractor might refer you out for physical therapy or prescribe an exercise program. A crook will just just run up the bill in his/her office and could care less if you heal or not. It might put a few bucks into your pocket running up the bill but for a soft tissue injury you wont get rich and most likely not get enough for all the trouble.

I can honestly say after working for an insurance co almost 40 years ago. They track so-called Whiplash Willies and readily exchange information informally with other insurance co's. It could have an adverse effect if you ever apply for a bond, could cost you preferred rates, refuse or decline coverage for something like Homeowner's insurance, catastrophic or umbrella liability insurance. The insurance co will never admit why just simply decline an application.

It would be a good idea though to keep a diary of lost work days, especially if your employer's Dr is giving you the time off. If you are forced to use sick or vacation leave to cover the lost work time be certain to ask for compensation. When you do return to work your employer might want a drug screen so be careful using pain killers if they are prescribed.

I was recently rear ended in the same situation. Car hit the car behind me and then into me. The driver that caused the accident took off like a bat out of hell and if you haven't already figured it out, it was an illegal immigrant with no insurance. I have to eat a $500 deductible and lose apx a $600 rebate for going claims free. A bystander got the plate number on the hit and run driver but the police have done absolutely nothing.

I ran up some Dr bills as result of my wreck and now I'm dealing with a big cluster screw. My health insurance is leaning on me to bill my car insurance first and driver 2 second. Fortunately Arizona is not a no-fault state so they can't force me to file a 3rd party claim but I did have to sign a lien so they can recover damages from the hit and run driver.

I am to honest. I am going to my doctor on Monday afternoon to be clear to go to work. Thankful that all parties had insurances. I am tired of sitting and doing nothing all day. The doctor at the ER give us pain killers but have not taken any yet, been taking Motrin cause of drug testing.

Rob

Swamprat

Swampy, I'm confused but really curious. What is it one could achieve by following your advice??

The vast majority of Chiropractors are honest and truly care for their patients. They have a lot more training in musculoskeletal injuries than most MDs and we have a great track record for getting people back to work fast. Most Chiropractors will work with your MD to get you the care you need. Tell your MD if you are seeing a Chiropractor and vise-versa so the care can be properly coordinated.

Insurance is a PITA for all providers. We end up doing a lot of extra work fighting for payment that we don't get paid for. In my practice, I have switched to cash and do not deal with insurance companies any more. Took me 15 years to figure out how much of an un-neccessary headache it was. If a patient want their insurance billed, I give them a receipt to turn in and let them fight for the little bit they will get. Most have decided it isn't worth the hassle.

Even if you are feeling good, be sure to have a Chiropractor check you out. Many of the problems are only masked by pain meds and never heal properly and will come back to haunt you later. Get it fixed now.

My analogy on pain meds; If your oil light comes on in your car, do you cover the light, disconnect the bulb, or add oil? Pain is there for a reason. Your body is telling you it needs help.

The vast majority of Chiropractors are honest and truly care for their patients.

You're absolutely correct. Since I started chemo and a sedentary life style I'm to weak for spinal surgery and if it wasn't for my Chiropractor I could barely walk at times. He fixed me up with an honest physical therapist and between the two and the exercise program I've had decent results. My Chiropractor could have run up the bill in his office but saw the need for physical therapy and sent me and my business elsewhere to a Physical Therapist. Since I cut my pain meds by at least 50% or more my MD encouraged me to continue the treatment.

Don't know how you operate your business and hope you don't take it personally. I have a mis-trust of Chiropractors and any medical vendor that advertise heavily on TV and radio looking for accident victims. I question their motives and suspect many healthy people interpret the commercials as a way to a fast buck. Not any different than law firms searching for users of certain drugs saying if you took this drug and had any of the following symptoms, call us. People that had 100% favorable results are shown on TV exactly which symptoms to claim for a fast buck.

I agree with you there. Most of my business comes from word of mouth referrals. I have had patients drive 200 miles to see me. Makes me feel good that they value my care that much.

Insurance has gotten to be such a rip off for us that I dropped it. Most people have co-pays that are about what I charge for a treatment. I lost too much money to Blue Cross to continue dealing with them.

Would you be willing to accept a 30+% pay cut to do more work? I decided I wasn't willing and could not afford to do that any longer.