Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Landed A Good Job

Brenden

Well after standing on roof's so far this summer, I finally got a good job. The gas company wasn't going to hire anybody this summer because of the economic crunch but i managed to find an inspection company that works through the gas company I used to be employed for. So i start Monday!!!! The money is execellent, more than $300 a DAY! So we all know what that means, more guns!

I also managed to weld on a bolt today. For my first one, it doesn't look to bad and it is functional. Just need to clean it up and then go back and fill in any pits or other bad spots. Been a good week.

Brenden

Really! I'm in charge of inspection here and don't make that. What the heck are you inspecting, nitro-glycerin? Glad to here it - that's for sure. We're so slow here, just hearing a machine run is a good feeling.

That is great. We have finally got back on the truck after the accident. It was a pain in the butt to get back on the truck. 1st, we had to go to the ER, then go to our doctor to be release back to work, then was order for an DOT. Now the doctor that give usw the DOT want us to have a sleep study done on both of us. This is not a requirement but they are infircing it. Which I think is BS. I hope we get a good pay off from the woman that started the accident, for all the pain, time lost and wasted, and the BS.

Rob

Congrats on the job. I am unemployed, and will be homeless in three weeks. Look for me, I'll be the old guy under the bridge sleeping with an arsenal.

Actually, other than not knowing where I am going to land, this is a pretty good gig. I retired early a couple of years ago, and sold the house hoping to find somewhere with a bit less white stuff to shovel in the winter. More importantly, I'd like to find a place where I can have a range. The plan is to put stuff into storage until I find that place. LL