Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Masonry

Horsefly

Guest Guest_roscoedoh_*

I plan on becoming a Mason soon. I'm just waiting to see where I end up first. I don't want to start something like this and have to stop in the middle of it and relocate and have to find a new lodge to associate with.

Good to hear Jason.You'll never regret it.If you haven't seen the movie "National Treasure",you ought to check it out.Lot's of Freemason stuff in it.You should be getting your sporter bolt shroud today.It was mailed Saturday from the main Ft.Worth post office.I hope you can get Brownells to trade it for a large-ring. Jerry

I'm a 3rd degree Knight of Columbus. Does that count?

Shriners always ride the coolest skooters and dune buggies at 4th of July parades. I wish the KC's would do something like that.

Guest Guest_roscoedoh_*

Rev,

Glad to hear it! The Knights have their place. My ex-step father is a 3rd degree Knight and having lived with the man for 10 years, I firmly believe its a good organization. Moreover, I live on the grounds of the hall up here and since they maintain my trailer well enough and provide free water (when it works) and cheap rent, I especially like the Knights of Columbus. They even feed me on Thursday nights if I help them tiddy up after bingo. Hell of a deal! biggrin.gif

That said, I am not a confirmed Catholic and my dad and several of my other relatives and friends are Masons. I used to go up to the lodge with my dad on Thursday nights and eat with them and I've always wondered went on in other room. I plan on finding out what lies on the other side sooner or later.

If anyone's interested in Masonry, read the book "Born In Blood." You Masons in the room will find it especially interesting.

Jason

The only things that are secret with the KC's are the initiation ceremonies. If you are curious as to what goes on, imagine what Tom Sawyer and Huck Finn would come up with. You will not be far off.

Same thing with us Freemasons.Our initiation ceremony is the only thing that's secret too.Well,there are a few other things,but I've seen them in books and on the history channel,so the gig is up on them.We start and finish every meeting with a prayer and the Pledge of Alegence,and then it's normal business.Rev.,Louisiana gave Texas the charter to start our own lodge in 1836,so thanks for that.My uncle was a Knights of Columbus member and a Freemason.Never heard of anyone being both.Jerry

The Catholic Church is supposed to have something against Free Masonry; which I find funny while driving the through the parking lot at Sacred Heart and seeing two or three "To be one, ask one" stickers.