Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Kahr Arms And The Unification Church

Reverend Recoil

There are some interesting articles about the founder of Kahr Arms and his connection to the Unification Church.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kahr_Arms

http://www.portfolio.com/careers/features/...fication-Church

wikipedia is an internet scourge.

However, the portfolio.com article, while obviously attempting to be a hit piece, did have some interesting background on Kahr. I had not been following the smaller manufacturers much. It seems like the Kahr line is well regarded, designed and built, per the article. The founder is the son of the head of the Moonie church, which is interesting. I know almost nothing of the Moonies, but I think they have a right to believe what they want. He has a brother that is a drug addict. I don't blame him for that. He had people working for his gun manufacturing plant that were ripping him off. Naive, perhaps. I bet he has better security there now.

After reading the article, would I consider a Kahr? Yeah, I think so. I'm gun poor, so I don't see that happening, but I'd keep it in mind.

Hey guys,

I don't know about the owner of Kahr, but they make a well engineered product. The fit and finnish is execellent. I have an all stainless K9 with the black coating. I love it. The only thing I don't like is that it's a pain to field strip.

Bob