Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Legacy sports Mauser

montea6b

I have no knowledge of these actions....so I cannot comment as to whether they are good or bad. I thought that they might be made by Zastava....the same ones as imported by Charles Daly. However, they do NOT resemble the Charles Daly Mauser actions. However, after examining the photos closely and checking the website....I believe that they are actual Mauser actions, by the Mauserwerke company, which is still in business. All of the details, including the bolt handle shapes, the tang design, the shape of the bolt shroud and safety, the shape of the trigger guard, the shape of the receiver itself...and the floorplate release button built into the trigger guard - resemble exactly, the Mauserwerke actions shown on their website. The Mauserwerke company still builds the Model 98 action, which is what these appear to be....for expensive sporting rifles. So, I'd say that there is a good chance that this is their true origin. Of course, the simple way to find out is to call Legacy Sports and ASK.

I used to know this info but have forgotten it. The action is investment cast. Seemingly a good value for the components it is equiped with.

• 2 weeks later...

I got an answer back from Legacy Sports, they're made by "Global Trading Company" in Italy. The name sounds more like an exporter than an actual firearms manufacturer, but since the answer came by message I didn't get a chance to ask more detailed questions.

Italy... Hmmm, maybe Pedersoli? I'm trying to think who would actually turn out such an action and I know they do a lot of Sharps and other replicas. They look and sound to be pretty nice actions and the price isn't bad when you add up the cost of each individual item; New commercial receiver, complete bolt, hinged floorplate, three position safety, etc.

(Resist... Monty, resist!) blink.gif

$450-ish for the cheapest model. Here's a link:

http://www.legacysports.com/product/index.htm

It didn't sell and has been re-listed. Here's a fresh link:

http://www.auctionarms.com/Search/DisplayI...ItemNum=7013710

I like the looks of the one in the auction better than the ones on legacy's website, the bolt handle in particular. Good luck if you want it!

It's not much more than a Mark X actions sells for. If you think that is high, look at these:

http://rifleactions.com/nseries.htm

Remember that there aren't many double square bridges out there. Originals are quite rare and there are few true Mauser square bridges available. Most of the clones out there now run upwards of $2000. food for thought, justto have a set of square bridge scope bases made would run you more than the legacy actions sells for.

I'm sure that this has question has been asked here before, but what are some opinions of this action?

Anybody know who actually makes them besides "Europe"?

These actions are made in China and exported to various firms including Doumalin(sp).

A friend of mine is the Canadian importer(Lever Arms, Vancouver, BC 1-604-736-0004)

I have handled the actions and rifles built on them and found them to be quite nicely done.