Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Toy Box For

spec4 e4

First thing she did was get in it and closed the lid. LOL. It remind me of my brother and I playing in the boxes after Christmas. Then we took it in her bedroom and she started loading it up. Since I don't talk to my sister, my wife went over there the other day and Monica told my wife that she showed all her friends and she does her homework on top of her toybox. Monica want a coat rack, but I have not gotten around and make it. Everyone wants to know how I stain it pink. I figure it can grow with her after she get out of toys.

Rob

I forgot to add that it is made out of 3/4" birch plywood, which I stained pink. Even the bottom is 3/4"(how many times when you bought a box from the store and it comes with a thin "board" for the bottom?) Then I trim the corners and lid out of 1-1/8"X1-1/8" pine corner molding. I put a more over hang on the front then the side so she can lift the lid easier. Put a long hinge and 2 lid support, one on each side, so it want come down and hurt her.

Rob

I used Rose Padals cloths dye and.alcohol from the hardware department. I took a large mason canning jar, two boxes, and I pour the two boxes in the mason jar, then I fill it up with the alcohol. Shake the piss out of it and do it some more. There's your stain.

Thank you for the kind words on the heavy duty toybox. LOL I wounder how a rifle or shotgun stock come out?

Rob

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to thank you guys for the kind words for the toybox. Littlecanoe, I figured it being all pink will be to much, I trim it out in pine. My wife want me to stain it a walnut color but I said no. After I finish it, she like it more. I am just happy I only have to build one. I still have to make my wife a cedar chest. I think she need to stay away while I make it. LOL.

Rob