Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sporterizing Argentine 1891

ENBLOC

I've several 1891's here, none original except one Carbine. I have a rough semi-inletted stock from Herters with Monte Carlo, straight grain it appears. Who would I send this stock off to along with rifle to put it all together for me? I'd like it to be checkered. I'll need a new bolt handle welded on to clear scope. What scope base do you recommend for the '91. Butt plate/pad & pistol grip cap? Jewell bolt too. I am having trouble finding the Buehler safeties as they are out of print now. Did find one on Gunbroker this year and got one of my '91's together with that safety, scope was 2 x 7 "Pine Ridge", glass bedded the action & chamber area, worked up handload and got two shots into one hole at 50 yards. Scored my first whitetail taken with the venerable 7.65 x 53mm. How do I proceed in an orderly fashion towards that beautiful sporter using this Herter stock and one of my '91's? :blink:

I've several 1891's here, none original except one Carbine. I have a rough semi-inletted stock from Herters with Monte Carlo, straight grain it appears. Who would I send this stock off to along with rifle to put it all together for me? I'd like it to be checkered. I'll need a new bolt handle welded on to clear scope. What scope base do you recommend for the '91. Butt plate/pad & pistol grip cap? Jewell bolt too. I am having trouble finding the Buehler safeties as they are out of print now. Did find one on Gunbroker this year and got one of my '91's together with that safety, scope was 2 x 7 "Pine Ridge", glass bedded the action & chamber area, worked up handload and got two shots into one hole at 50 yards. Scored my first whitetail taken with the venerable 7.65 x 53mm. How do I proceed in an orderly fashion towards that beautiful sporter using this Herter stock and one of my '91's? :blink:

Send a PM to z1r. He's a member here.