Military Firearm Restoration Corner

In Over My Head

Limpid Lizard

I have been checking in but not posting much. I saw the New Shop post, and I decided that I would update you guys with what is going on here. The house I was buying had poop in the well, and I refused to sign the papers. The real estate agent thought I would cave since I was out of my house and had everything staged to move into the new place. Little did he know how stubborn I can be.

I rented six storage units and parked my crap. I started staying with my sweetie until I could find a place, and here I remain. I have been adding on to her place. I put a 3 bay garage on one end, and a basement with new master bedroom on the other end. The basement is actually a 2 bay garage and will eventually become my shop.

We are situated above the Clearwater River and have river views out of most of the windows. The house will end up right at 2700 square feet plus garages. It is way more than we need, but was the easiest way to get all new plumbing. By adding a new kitchen and bath, we can convert the old ones to living room. The pipes were shot and in concrete.

Since we are in the head of a draw, think chimney, the exterior is now all cement board, metal roof and soffit and facia. It should be hard to burn.

All this since August when we decided to work on this place rather than buying elsewhere. I am running short on funds, but all the big stuff is paid for. I mostly have the new interior walls left to build. If taxes do not kill us, we will be in the pink.

I'd dearly love to work in the shop, but it will be months yet until I can get it up and running. LL

Keep plugging away at it and good luck!

I just moved into the house I bought and haven't even gotten the kitchen unpacked yet. I keep finding things that need fixed and I'm down to taking baths in my only bathtub since my shower is now officially out of commision. I had a contract come out to see about the bathroom situation but I can't get him in here till after the first of the year. After I get the bath rooms sorted out I'll still have the rest of the house to tinker with.

At least you have the time, tools, money, and know-how to do your own work. I'm sort of in the learning phase of all this and paying out like a run away ATM machine!

Keep after it man, you'll get it. Good luck!