Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Kind Of Lonely Around Here

FC

What's goin' on around here:

My wife is with her family in KY for Christmas. I was there last year, and wish I was there. Too much going on at work, and figured I'd stay home and watch our two dogs and save the high cost of flying. I am going to miss my three teenage girls though (Nebraska). Doesn't feel like Christmas here, being 70-82 degrees. I like seasons, but not much of that here except rain, and cooler.

I'll (hopefully) finish my degree this week- Masters in nursing informatics. I can't believe how much homework is on us the last two weeks of school. Work's crappy (bosses, you know what I mean, and probably some of me in there too), so I'm again looking at options. My wife's boss wants me to work for her international company- ACS. I'll look at the option.

Well, you all enjoy your families and especially the kids. There's nothing like seeing Christmas with the eyes of a child.

Hello FC.

Not too much going here.

Vacation from school but my range has been closed down and I hurt my back working in the yard.

I used to be able to do this all day....I NEVER liked doing it but I could...:)

The Hippy is well and we are thinking of going to LA over Christmas.

Soon your class will be done as well and then You will be Farting Chicken B.S. M.S.

take care and Merry Christmas

Karl

Hey Tony I'm batching it as well. I gave the woman a break and sent her home for Christmas. Last year I was ill and in bed 18+ hours a day so she canceled her trip home to take care of me. My biggest problem is keeping the joint clean. I'll admit I'm a slob in the house keeping dept. So far today all I've done is load the dishwasher and take out the garbage. I even forgot to feed my Rottweiller but it didn't take him long to remind me.

My wife has a pet tarantula I promised to feed and water. Last night I attempted to dump a bag live crickets in with it. Dam thing moved, scared the hek out of me and now I have to deal with crickets in the house. I managed to vacuum up a few but no telling how many got away.

FC,

If I were you surrounded by ocean and mid-70s weather and without family responsibilities (other than the perros) I'd be GOING FISHING! You've got some excellent eating swimming all around you (the dogs would appreciate the left overs no doubt)!

When you get full you can go to the range any time you want. IT'S PARADISE IN PARADISE!

FC,

If I were you surrounded by ocean and mid-70s weather and without family responsibilities (other than the perros) I'd be GOING FISHING! You've got some excellent eating swimming all around you (the dogs would appreciate the left overs no doubt)!

When you get full you can go to the range any time you want. IT'S PARADISE IN PARADISE!

OH MAN! i'd SO be fishing ALL THE TIME! dolphin, tuna, various snapper/grouper... UGH! now i wanna go fishing! gee, THANKS dt!

Nothing but homework right now. Hard to believe how much homework they put into the last two weeks, but it's the home stretch now.

You can't catch fish here unless you go out on a boat. It's not like TX where you can throw in your line and catch lots of fish off the shore. There are fish, but they are out on the reef.

Pet tarantula? A woman with a pet spider? Unusual!

Well, Tony if it makes you feel any better, we had 4 degrees above this morning and they are forecasting up to 2 feet of snow for the Christmas travelers to deal with. I'd trade you for 70-80 degree weather any day of the week.

Good luck with finishing your classes.

I wish all of you folks a merry Christmas.