Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Where Did All The Mosin's Go?

cajunman2205

One reason for the shortage maybe the increase in demand caused by RBN talk show hosts promoting Mosin Nagant’s has a cheap survival rifle.

This has been going on now for over a year. Most people wanted the M44 rifles instead of the 91/30 but I look for the supply of those guns to start becoming in short supply

What is going to be the expected going rate for them when they come in? I have a hard time believing there is a shortage of these rifles considering the number of these manufacture. Did they just stop importing so many? I'm not preparing for when the SHTF, I just want to get a couple more shooters. I don't see anyone in their right mind paying over $100 for one like I see them selling for on some of the auction sites.

Man, getcha a C&R FFL. There are still several distributors that have Mosins for sale for less than $100. I have a FFL on file with SOG, J&G Sales, and Century and I think all three advertise Mosins still.

Not to mention, once you get your C&R, you'll find all kinds of guns you can buy that you didn't know you needed, but really have to have!