Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Last Grandparent Will Be Buried Today

Horsefly

I lost my Grandmother,my last Grandparent Friday afternoon,and the funeral is today at 2.She was 92 and still living at her own house.A more wonderful,God loving woman has never walked the earth.Jerry

Sorry to hear about your loss Jerry.

You are very fortunate (I'm sure you know this) to have had her for so many years.

Mine have all been gone for many years, but I still miss them dearly.

Kenny

Our families are the greatest asset that we have and when they are gone their memory is with us for ever.

I will never forget the day that we buried my father. I spent most of the time holding the hand of my grandmother at the funeral home.

The anguish that was on her face is still with me today.

Even though my father was the oldest she always called him her baby because she was so young when she had him.

Horsefly it sounds like you have been blessed to have a very wonderful grandmother.

I'll be thinking and praying for ya tonight Jerry. I'm truly sorry for your loss. I wish I would have gotten that much time to spend with my Grandmother.

I still get teared up thinking of losing my grandmother. Like FC said, they hold the family together. After she passed 5 years ago Christmas day, the other half of the family hasn't contacted us. We try to contact them, but they have no intrest. Such is life I guess.

Again, sorry for your loss.

Brenden

Jerry

My sincere condolences!

My parents both were the youngest children of their families and I am the youngest child, so I had very little time to know

my grandparents. All four were still alive but quite elderly when I was young. They were all gone by the time I graduated

from high school. My last uncle died a few weeks ago. My parents are the last of their generation. Still living at home at

86 and 87 and won't have it any other way ( for now ). Enjoy your parents while you have them.

Craig