Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Overstock Dot Com

tinkerfive

Hey guys the other night the wife was surfing Overstock dot com and pointed out to me that they have

a 'hunting' section.

I checked it out and there were about 7 pages worth. About 4 of the pages were scopes.

I had just gotten a J&G flier the day before and noted that they both seemed to have the same handgun

safe. J&G wanted $99+ shipping and overstock wanted $109 including shipping. That seemed to be

pretty much equal.

I was wondering if anyone else has used Overstock and what you guys thought about their pricing.

Tinker

I certainly like to save a buck. But if the prices are similar, I try to support the business entity that suppoerts my hobby or political view. I vote with my wallet a lot. I refuse to purchase Heinz products, for example (don't forget Terresa Heinz-Kerry).

I refuse to purchase Heinz products, for example (don't forget Terresa Heinz-Kerry).

I'm the same way about Heinz products. For years the only barbecue sauce I bought was Heinz. Glad I switched as it didn't take me long to discover there are better tasting brands for less money.

I checked Overstock's rifle scope prices and they don't appear any better and in some cases more than I can buy elsewhere. One of their Leupolds looks exactly like the counterfeit one I got on Ebay a couple of years ago. Good possibility Overstock is buying from the same Chinese merchants selling scopes on Ebay. I might add though my counterfeit Leupold scope is excellent and is the best of the many scopes I have. Overstock is getting apx a grand for it and I got it on Ebay for about 75 bux, shipping from Hong Kong included.

I'm the same way about Heinz products. For years the only barbecue sauce I bought was Heinz. Glad I switched as it didn't take me long to discover there are better tasting brands for less money.

You guys can go back to buying the Heinz products because you aren't going to hurt Teresa any.

The company was sold to Delmonte a few years ago. They only owned it two or three years and sold it to

someone else. I don't know who owns the H.J. Heinz company now.

With John Heinz gone, she had no interest in the company, she took the money and probably gave it to Kerry.

Tinker