Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A poem for Emul8

ShooterTom

Wow, ShooterTom, I wasn't expecting that! You're so sweet! Thanks for the birthday greetings!

I liked your poem...short and to the point!

Yes, I am spending my last few hours as a 41 year old...but I don't expect that 42 is going to feel all that much different! LOL!

Happy birthday wishes to you Emul8. Hope that all your dreams come true in the year to come. You will soon be out of Kaliforni and headed to new places and new things. Gee, wish I was only 42 again. Oh well, won't happen, so I will just wish you the best in yours. Enjoy it thoroughly and maybe even treat yourself to a new rifle or two. swamp thing

Don't waste your life on 10 mile runs! Go to the bar. Find yourself someone 10 years younger than you and make them feel like they ran 10 miles. Eat what you want, drink what you want! All the work outs and diets will only get you a few more months in a nursing home.

So! Have a happy, happy birthday and live your life to the fullest!

Swamprat

Happy birthday from me too Emy!!!!!!!!!!! You seem to be a pretty happy girl most of the time and I hope you continue to be.Your one of the key reasons this board is such a great retreat for most of us.Have a large,good happy birthday sweet girl! Jerry

You guys are so sweet! Thanks again for all the good wishes and suggestions! I would have expected nothing less from karlunity than some PT and 10 mile runs...but I also enjoyed swamprat's suggestions, so, I have combined them...I am going to run to a bar 10 miles away, and only drink from a keg that I can repeatedly lift!

How's that?

I also enjoyed the suggestion of finding a someone 10 years younger and making them feel like they ran 10 miles! Whooooeeee! I busted out laughing over that one!

I am off to a local Indian restaurant for a celebratory dinner in just a few minutes. My friends are taking me there because I like it so much!

I tried to get them to go in together and buy me a STEN, but there was something about the laws in CA and full-auto weapons. Ah well, maybe next year!

Thanks again, gentlemen!

Wow, ShooterTom, I wasn't expecting that!  You're so sweet!  Thanks for the birthday greetings!

I liked your poem...short and to the point!

Yes, I am spending my last few hours as a 41 year old...but I don't expect that 42 is going to feel all that much different!  LOL!

4726[/snapback]

I hope you had a nice one. I often heard that arsenic is sweet too wink.gif