Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ar Toy Into Ar Rifle?

rivitir

I saw that article. If the receiver is dimensionally the same, then it would probably work, briefly. The article said that it would last maybe one mag at full auto but longer at semi. I doubt that. Regardless, I think the chineese should have changed the internal dimensions so that it would not be an exact fit. The whole terrorist/criminal angle is total bullshiite. No criminal would bother with that much work.

you can buy a complete upper for 290.00 snap it in this lower and you have a working gun...no numbers...no paper work

install the $100.00 full auto parts and you can rock and roll..the lowers look and fell just like the real thing..

atf screwed up and put serial no. on the wrong part..hard to beleave they let the manu. pick the part..

I simply don't believe it unless the toys are deliberately made to be easily converted. Some of you ol'timers might recall the news media going ballistic with Glocks being all plastic and able to defeat metal detectors or semi UZI's going full auto by removing, depending on the source a spring or pin. Anybody remember Alcan producing Nylon coated bullets to eliminate lead fumes in an indoor range. By the time the media got wind of it the Nylon coated bullets were made to penetrate several inches of steel, cause auto gas tanks to explode and could be used by the bad guys to shoot and destroy the engine block of a pursuing police car.

Supposedly they're $1100 toys. Real AR lowers are $100 parts. There really isn't much to an AR lower. You can make one with a mini-mill and a block of aluminum - and half a brain which is where criminals start to have problems.

There are so many ARs everywhere in our country - thankfully most in the hands of good Americans, where they belong and the more the better. Bad guys don't have to look very far to find one, and I'm not worried about them spending $1100 to get a lower without a serial number, when a few break-ins and a file would probably get them several untracable complete working semi-autos.

This is typical anti-gun hysteria, and nothing more than another attempt to shift focus to the "thing" and away from the thought or behavior that is the real problem.

People are very good at making "things". People who try to discourage the existence of 'things' that people want (or in the case of weapons, need) are wasting everyone's time.

I think most of them already know this, but they're afraid of what this means: they need to defend themselves, and they need to raise their own kids, and they need to pay their own bills, and they need to plan for retirement, and they could really be in a bind if something bad happens, and someone isn't there to take care of them, because they fully understand that they're not able to. When did our country start getting over-run by lamers? I think it was the early '30s.

I have several friends and a couple relatives that are cops. All of them that I have spoke to about "bad guys" having access to guns say they mainly get them through theft and sometimes from having someone legal purchase them. So I doubt anyone would take the time to modify a toy gun in order to make it into a real gun. But their are some crazies out there.

I think this is like most other FUD in the world. Get people scared and read the articles they print.