Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Need To Share

swamprat

I lost the love of my life. My wife of 42 years died in her sleep last night. Her heart just stopped and she passed without pain. This lady was to out live me due to my health problems. This was just a total shock and so unexpected. So here's my vent. If you love someone or something tell them so or just go do it! Instead of waiting till tomorrow for an I love you.This morning no kiss no more I love you's. So go tell your love that you do love them and don't end up being an old man banging his head on the monitor saying, "I should have".

Sorry! I just needed to vent and this is only place I felt safe enough to do so.

Swamprat

I don't know you but I can sure feel your pain through your words. I can't imagine your grief. Please hang in there and find continued purpose in life as I am sure there are those who love you and need you. I too will be praying for you.

Swamprat I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

But please don’t beat yourself up or blame yourself for not sharing your feelings with her because swamprat, she knew.

This woman was with you for 42 years, you have been blessed my friend.

Her passing may rip at your heart, but she went peaceful in the night without pain while she was with someone she loved.

Swamprat I’m so sorry to hear of your loss.

But please don’t beat yourself up or blame yourself for not sharing your feelings with her because swamprat, she knew.

This woman was with you for 42 years, you have been blessed my friend.

Her passing may rip at your heart, but she went peaceful in the night without pain while she was with someone she loved.

I don't think that I could say it better.

Condolences to you.

Craig

Thanks Fellows

I just wanted to advise you all of not doing what I did. I've heard it all my life. Never miss an opportunity to tell someone you love them. I missed mine don't miss yours.

And don't miss out on doing what you love. Go to the range, sky dive, film topless girls at the beach. Just get the Hell out there and do what you love. Lifes just to damn short for anything else.

And when your done. Say a quite prayer to the Great Creator for giving us such blessings.

Swamprat

i'm sorry to hear about your loss swamprat. as the others said, she knew you loved her... hell, you'd have to to stay with someone for 42 years! but you're right... do tell and show your loved ones how much you love them.

Darn, I'm sorry to hear this news. I'm very sorry for you. You never get over missing the people in your life. They are here, then lo, they are gone. People you know leave one by one- Fritz, Tye, and now your wife. Have you already had the funeral? Maybe some of you guys want to help get flowers to them? Swamp, I'd need the date, your wife's name, and address. I think we need to do this for you.

I lost the love of my life. My wife of 42 years died in her sleep last night. Her heart just stopped and she passed without pain. This lady was to out live me due to my health problems. This was just a total shock and so unexpected. So here's my vent. If you love someone or something tell them so or just go do it! Instead of waiting till tomorrow for an I love you.This morning no kiss no more I love you's. So go tell your love that you do love them and don't end up being an old man banging his head on the monitor saying, "I should have".

Sorry! I just needed to vent and this is only place I felt safe enough to do so.

Swamprat

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss. You gave good advice, advice I try to follow.

All the best,

Mike

Swampy I'm really sorry to hear the bad news. I know this sounds a bit selfish but after reading your posts I've become much more appreciative of what I have. I will definitely follow your advice. Upon retiring tonight I will ask our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ for his blessings not only for your wife but he also give you the strength to carry on with life and request his assistance with your health problems.

The memorial to her life was today. The chapel at the church was overflowing. My wife was cremated and we had a celbration of her life memorial at her church. Folk's were asked to stand and attest to how my wife had affected them. People just kept standing and talking of all she had done. My wife and I had defferent views on religion and I did not attend the same church as her. I never new the amount of people she had affected in her quite no pushy life. She may not of been a saint but she was damn close to it according to the folks I heard today. I had no idea this quiet housewife from the mid-west could affect so many folks. I had her ashes put into a small treasure chest because she was my greatest treasure. I had no idea this quiet loving woman in the smallest of ways had affected so many. She was not only my treasure it seems she was the treasure of many. She is now home.

Swamprat

It's hard to say anything but, "Wow".

Here's what I told my wife around the time I proposed to her, "The kingdom of heaven is like a treasure hidden in the field, which a man found and hid again; and from joy over it he goes and sells all that he has and buys that field. "Again, the kingdom of heaven is like a merchant seeking fine pearls, and upon finding one pearl of great value, he went and sold all that he had and bought it." You felt the same way.

Swampy, I just came on this.

I'm so sorry for your loss - 42 years!

However, reading your words, I find a meaning, and I think I am just learning it from you, as to what a special lifelong relationship means and should mean.

Thank you for sharing with us the gift of your wife and the tragedy of the loss. You have touched us all and, interestingly, added meaning to all of our lives.

It is up to you to take care of yourself now, please do.

Brad