Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Texas Gun Law?

tinkerfive

If someone knows why they won't sell to a C&R holder???

I saw a gun that I was interested in on Gunbroker.

It turns out to be a consignment for a police dept.

Per the dealer, due to Texas law, because it is a confiscated

gun being sold , they are not permitted to accept a C&R.

Tinker :blink::huh:

Tinker,

To the best of my knowledge, since this is a consignment, the only forseeable reason this dealer would not accept your C&R is because his customer asked him not to. We don't have any laws on the books down that would prevent the sale of a C&R to a C&R licensee that I am aware of.

I can ask around though if you need something concrete. Let me know if you need me to do some extra digging.

Jason

Tinker,

To the best of my knowledge, since this is a consignment, the only forseeable reason this dealer would not accept your C&R is because his customer asked him not to. We don't have any laws on the books down that would prevent the sale of a C&R to a C&R licensee that I am aware of.

I can ask around though if you need something concrete. Let me know if you need me to do some extra digging.

Jason

Well it's really a moot point now. That gun was sold and I have since found another that looks like it is

probably in better condition ( it certainly looks better in the pictures ) for just a few dollars more.

Just sent the payment yesterday, can't wait till it gets here.

T :)