Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My New Toy

AzRednek

I horse traded away my Colt Agent. I was reading plenty of bad press off the net about the aluminum framed Colt revolver. It wont handle +P loads and it will likely develop timing problems if I shot it very much. The Colt was desinged for light weight concealed carry by under cover cops and just wont stand up to alot of use. Colt recomended the standard velocity 110gr hollow point and discouraged shooting anything over 125gr.

I was hoping to find a trade for a Marlin 45/70 at the past weekend's gunshow. Found one interested person but I had to be honest with him about the Colt and he backed out. I found a vendor that offered up a Ruger Security Six 357 and a couple boxes of ammo for and jumped on it. He had a $400 price tag on the Ruger and was going to take $375. He took the Colt and put it on his table with a $550 price tag. Dollar wise I traded down but now I have something I can shoot repeatidly without worrying about it developing timing problems.

Hated to see the Colt go but I have other handguns I use for concealed carry. After spending a good deal of time and effort trying to locate the correct or original grips for the Colt I decided it had to go. The over sized and ugly Pachmeyers on the Colt just made it to cumbersome to carry concealed.

Ruger-1.jpg

This is what I traded away.

Taurus-Colt-2.jpg