Military Firearm Restoration Corner

How Times Have Changed

karlunity

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

http://www.cnbc.com/id/39886462

Remember the movie "The Good Earth"?

When I grew up, China could not even make a rifle, they had to buy them from Germany or Russia.

When I was in school there was a book we had to read,"The Third Wave". Its theses was that it did not matter if our factories went over seas as we, being the center of the creative universe, would create the next wave of high tech.

BS.

China now builds faster super computers and friends in Japan tell me that the kids there have cell phones two generations ahead of ours.

Another fella I know, a former naval officer, has to hire engineers from India as he cannot find enough Americans who either can or will do the work.

Another tells me that he cannot compete as firms in India will do the work for half the price and net it to the USA.

Here? we have parents taking kids out of school to go to "the Game" or Raging Waters or for their birthday...

Here ?? We Feel GOOD about ourselves!!!!!!

Unless we wake up and soon our kids are in for a very rough time in the next 20 years.

I wonder if the people of China will send us CARE packages or if India will start a Marshal Plan???

karl