Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Need Help Finding Wire Cutters

Horsefly

I need to find an extra long handled wire cutter that'll get into tight places to cut zip ties around wire harnesses.We call them dikes at work,but management wants us to call them "alternative life style cutters",but it aint gonna happen.Trucks(class 8)have all new electrical systems for the DPF exhaust systems required by the tree huggers,so we have lots of wiring problems,and when there's a tie strap every 3",it's pure hell to get at a connector sometimes.I've found tons of long handle needle nose pliers,but have had no luck with the cutters.Jerry

i have a set of them from klein tools that have around an 8" handle. you may be able to find them in the electrical area at the home depot, if not you should be able to find them on line.

if your doing a tie strap every three inches you might try one of the tie strap tools that tightens & snips the end off at the same time, one of my friends is in the communications buissiness and swears by them, but he may have more room to work in than you do.