Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Remember To Vote Tuesday

karlunity

I wasn't given a hard time about the Tea Party shirt but was treated rudely upon leaving. A judge ruled yesterday that Tea Party shirts are OK at polling places. Several months ago a woman in Northern Az was not allowed to vote or even in the polling place with a Tea Party shirt. The officials at the poll claimed the shirt meant she was campaigning inside the 75 foot limit. A conservative group took it to court, Tea Party shirts prevailed but the ruling only affected the county where the incident took place. Another Phoenix based group also challenged it for my county. The ruling said Tea Party as well as "Union Pride" shirts are OK at voting places.

The voting ballots changed somewhat. There used to be an arrow at the top of the ballot saying which way to put the completed ballot into the counting machine. There has always been a volunteer that stood by the machine saying thank you and passing out "I voted" stickers. I asked the volunteer which way the ballot goes in and she rudely replied "well don't put it in sideways". I asked if there is an up or down side it goes in and she ignored me. Finally another volunteer spoke up and told me the ballot can go in up, down or even upside down. I put the ballot in and waited for my "I voted" sticker and was ignored. I finally said "Where's my sticker". She deeply sighed, handing me one and promptly jerked her hand back like she was trying to avoid any skin contact. In summary F-ing Dems make me sick.