Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Karl Are You Swimming Yet?

swamprat

We are fine...thank you Swamp.

It rained like heck, but I am on vacation for Christmas, so we did not have to go out.

The one eared tom cat moved into the garage..he did not like the rain at all.

I cleaned guns fixed the computers..the Hippy cooked and read and planed for our move.

How are things with you?

Karl

"Where are you moving to?"

That is still a bit in the air.

The Hippy is 80% set on the "Villages", she has an old girl friend there.

We went to see the place and it is not bad...but..I am still looking around.

I am OK with any place as long as they leave my guns alone and there is place to shoot and a library.

We figure to have about 200K to spend on the new house and move after we sell the one we live in now.

Any ideas would be welcome.

Karl

OK, Karl. I was just making sure I didn't miss a thread on you deciding where you were going. As I have said in the past, be sure to check out NW Arkansas. Half the people here have escaped from California. Gun laws are "If you don't have one, buy one." If you are looking for a retirement community, there's a bunch of those here too. Or just move out in the woods.

Sure, Karl. What are you looking for? House/property or structured living? Two hundred large can easily get you a nice house and some acreage for shooting. The area up here is very nice. Just enough cold to have 4 seasons. This is actually the first place I've lived that had 4 seasons, having grown up in SoCal, then spending 18 years in Texas. The money up here is in Bentonville. The further out you go from there, the cheaper things get, but the less "cosmopolitan," if that's important. Fayetteville is a college town (U of AR), with everything positive and negative associated with a college town. The further east you go, the more "wild" it gets, and 20 miles east puts you back 50 years in time. 40 miles puts you back 75 years. Anyway, if you want, come on over and Dr.Linda will show you around.