Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sorry

spec4 e4

Sorry that I have not been around much. With everything going on the few years, it's been busy. Buying an house, our first house, it not going to lighten up any time soon. Vickey has plans for me when we are home. Hope that she is willing to help. First she wanted me to paint the bedroom before we move everything in. Which I did, but now she want bi-folding doors on the closet and new trim around the room. After that she want me to remove all the paneling and replace it with drywall that is in the lower family room. Paint is an light forest green color. Next will be the kitchen. She want the wall remove between the kitchen and living room. An support wall. Then after that is all done, hardwood flooring on the upper level.

Can someone put me out before it get worst. LOL

With the new job. Getting the miles but don't like not getting home when I want too. Still have to move the big safe and the firearms down to the new house. If only I had one more day like we asked we could have gotten everything out of the rental and not pay for another month rent. Dispatcher will not allow us another day to move. Even afte I told way in advance.

Sister is still an pain in the six. What are you going to do about family?

But more likely I will be around more now.

Thanks friends

Rob

Nope, been sick in Colton, Ca. Got the flu or something. My head was foggy and can not keep nothing down. Vickey pull the plug when they pushed to hard, she called safety and told them I was not fit to drive. Since I drive at night mostly, it was more danagerous.

Rob

Good luck brother.

Once the ladies get a new house and find Home Depot or Lowe's, we are toast.

Learn to love it course they keep changing things..: ).

We have been doing it for 23 years...same small house!!!!!!!!

Karl

Hang in there brother, this is a marathon not a sprint. I closed on my house December 09 and still haven't quite finished anything I started in 2010. Owning a home is an endless improvement project. There's always going to be something that needs fixing or renovating. That's frustrating but we all have to live somewhere.

I will offer you this nugget of experience though - once you live in and work on some place long enough, you stop thinking about all the changes you can potentially make. I've been out here a little over a year and have finally given up on or forgotten about all the other non-essential projects I'd dreamed up while I was moving in. Other than I want an office and some rooms need painting, I'm actually quite contented with the way things are (especially now that I've been working on everything for 13 months!). Hopefully your wife will be as well.

Rob, get better.

Yup, homes are an endless project, but that's not bad. Working on this place continuously keeps the fat off. I just finished putting in a hardwood floor, which took, I don't know, a hundred hours? Cutting and burning brush, working on the coop, planting trees, building stuff.. never ends, but better than veggin' in front of a TV. One of the best home improvements I've done is put in two Velux Sun Tunnels. We could still use at least one more. It's made dark rooms look like somebody left the light on. Would like to put in a cedar pole fence and a solar water heater.