Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ron Paul

ken98k

Ron Paul may be well qualified, but I'm not sure he has the persona to ignite a huge following and win the popular vote.

I would vote for him, but I'm afraid that if he ran, he'd be another Perot.

Ron Paul may be well qualified, but I'm not sure he has the persona to ignite a huge following and win the popular vote.

I would vote for him, but I'm afraid that if he ran, he'd be another Perot.

Sadly, you are probably right.

Yes, I agree. And he would be a Perot for the same reasons, that is, to get someone else elected or specifically to get someone else NOT elected.

Long ways out yet, but what I see is the power brokers maneuvering a loser to run against The One. I'm thinking Romney, "You're Fired" guy, that a-hole mayor of NYC, the a-hole governor of NJ or some other extreme anti-gun a-hole. We would probably be worse off under any of those than with The One, and The One gets reelected.

Guys, it sort of begs the question: Who on earth can run on the Republican ticket that would be electable?? I'm pretty sure Obama has the Democratic slot filled for 2012 - what about the other party? All the Republicans currently have is a bunch of rabble-rousers, noise-makers, and has-beens. Palin hasn't got a chance in hell. Likewise, I doubt neither Romney nor that former minister for Arkansas have much of a chance. Texas governer Rick Perry says he won't run (and I hope he doesn't).

Who's the dark horse? We need a Reagan/Bush Sr. to get us out of the mess we're in and I just don't see anyone viable currently.

I hope I'm wrong.

I don't see any front runners either. And none of the ones out there seems to have the leadership qualities to win, let alone do the job. Huck, however, isn't all that bad. While he was governor of Arkansas, he didn't screw anything up, which is about the best you can do as a politician. The media has painted him as an extreme right wing preacher, going to force the Baptist religion on all the "enlighted" Constitutionally guaranteed baby killing masses. A friend of mine thinks it's going to be Romney and Huck in '12 for the ticket. Huck, as VP, would carry the South, but not be able to do anything. Romney would carry New England, as he's just another gun grabbing commie anyway. It would be like the JFK ticket all over. Romney, allegedly a Mormon, would have a Southern Baptist running mate to dispell "concerns" about his religion for the South, while New England and the "progressives" would see him as the commie he is by his actions in Taxachussettes ("free health care for all," etc.")