Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sad Day Today.

spec4 e4

After over 14 years, I thinking my dog, Lady, will have to be put down. She not moving or eating much. She can't control her-self and she throw up yellow stuff to clear stuff. Breathing is heavy most of the time and she can bearly see. This been going on for months, but now I came with the thought of putting her down for her own good. We ran blood work and everything came back fine. I don't care what people say about their dogs. My Lady was an big help to my mother and an friend when they had cancers. Both passed away and Lady was by my mother's side when she pass away. My mother was so afraid that I was going to put Lady on the truck after we moved down to Mo. I told her no, she was an big help to her. She protected me and my wife when need. The sad part about it was, that she found me. First day, I give her half of my lunch, 2nd day, I give her the whole thing, after that I bought an bag of dogfood. She was covered in lace, fleas and tickes, and near dealth. The groomer did not charge me to get her clean up. I got most of the critters off of her. I can remember giving her $50 for a tip. When I get lonely driving at night and no one to talk to, I talk to her. If only she can talk, I be in big trouble.

This will be the first dog I had to put a dog down. The rest died on their own.

Sad day indeed.

Rob

post-26-130534573129_thumb.jpg

Rob, I hate to hear about your dog. I know they are the best friend a person can have. You've enjoyed her for many years, as she has enjoyed being around you. I'd rather put down a dog than see it suffer; it's tough, but its the respectable thing to do. Sorry for your loss Sir.

Brenden

that's way rough bud. i went through that a little over a year ago. absolutely heartbreaking to see your best friend suffer like that. i can tell you i bawled my eyes out when the vet came out to the house. copper was 13 years old or so (i have issues keeping track of dog years... he was 4 for 6 years! :^) and quite literally my best friend. he stopped eating, lost probably 20 pounds and just kinda shut down. it's rough, but you really owe it to your friend. cry. and remember all the good times you had with your bud. memories are the best way to help you through the pain.

heath

Talk to our vet Sat. Morning and she thinks we can try a few things. Changing her diet and give her some meds for Mr. Aurthor. Will be try those first. We had blood work done while we were at the house the last time and she said it look really food for an dog her age.

So far we got her some food for sensitive skin and stomach. Seem to help. HOPING

Thanks for your guys thoughts.

Rob

Hang in there Rob. I know it is hard when a member of the family isn't doing well. Sad thing about pets is they can't tell you where it hurts.

My 90 year old aunt recently had a cat come back to life after the vet put it on a special diet. Her cat's kidneys were shutting down and the vet prescribed some special cat food with no protein in it. The cat food was really expensive and naturally the cat turned its nose up to it. After the cat learned to eat it or starve it slowly began recovering. About 3-4 weeks on the diet, the cat was healthy again, urine tested normal and it was back on regular cat food. My aunt has numerous cats but this one is her favorite. She probably had the cost of a nice Garand into saving the cat's life but my aunt would have spent every dime she has. I about flipped when I saw the cat food was 5 and change per can.

UPDATE: After talking to my vet and getting in and see her. I got some meds for my Lady's Mr. Aurthor. Works great. The food change is working. Lady is on mature dog food. So far it's working. Hoping it will last.

Thanks for all of your support.

Rob

P.S. I have been around more but not post any thing.