Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Holiday

FC

I worked around the house yesterday, stained the deck. Today we go to the range in the morning. Nothing says American freedom like shooting. In the afternoon we watch the movie 1776. It's a musical but gives a little insight into why we aren't Limeies. We finish the day with a BBQ and fireworks. Private position of fireworks are still legal in our county so it's a great show.

"Happy Birthday America". Let's drink a cold one for those that gave all.

Ralph

I'm staying home. If the heat is tolerable, my dog doesn't go nuts and the Mexicans don't start shooting guns and flares in the air. I'll drag a couple lawn chairs on the roof and watch fireworks. Noticed a couple t-bones in the fridge, guess I'm barbecuing tonight. Nothing like standing over a hot grill with temps approaching or exceeding 110+.

Both Sat, and Sun, worked on gun projects half day, and Mon. Went shooting from 7:30-11:00 and rested the rest of the day. All in all not a bad weekend. Just wish my parts order from Brownells would have shown up Fri, instead Tue, like the tracking info says it's supposed to.

It's hot here today, but the parade was good. I was joking with my girls about making them the Corn Cob Queen. Actually it's a peach festival. Antique tractors and cars were out, and a mini SC Revolutionary War camp. Lots of vendors. We had a pretty good time.

"Mexicans don't start shooting guns and flares in the air"

Not to worry..it is July 4...not May 5 : )

karl

Don't know what happened to my post. This past Cinco De Mayo and illegal alien shot a marine flare and wound up burning down a pricey mountain side home. According to the news he fessed up, got some prison time before he will be deported but the biggest joke was the judge ordering he pay restitution.