Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Too Short!

ken98k

Personally, I think that for August, the temps here have been relatively mild. Though the newsies say that we are hitting "normal" weather. Nights seem cooler than normal. It has not been a good year for the garden. Too many things took too long to ripen.

No yellow leaves this far south in Alaska. Hoping to see some soon up on the Denali, where I have an appointment with a caribou and a moose.

I couldn't hit jack with my .303 tonight, then I looked down to see that my scope had slid down the rail and was nearly off. The little .22 size Weaverish mounts came loose. Thought my old eyes were going completely haywire. Will have to boresight and go back and start all over tomorrow.

No yellow leaves this far south in Alaska. Hoping to see some soon up on the Denali, where I have an appointment with a caribou and a moose.

I couldn't hit jack with my .303 tonight, then I looked down to see that my scope had slid down the rail and was nearly off. The little .22 size Weaverish mounts came loose. Thought my old eyes were going completely haywire. Will have to boresight and go back and start all over tomorrow.

I'm not sure what I'm going to do this year. My hunting partner and I put in for several hunts but drew zilch.

This weekend however I'm putting the boat in the Yukon and fishing a couple of the tributaries for pike.