Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Pigeon Forge

FC

I took the wife and girls to Pigeon Forge, TN, on a 4 day vacation with her parents. What a fun place! You could easily spend a week there. 30 minutes out of town you are in the Smokies. Cades Cove is really neat, with lots of old log cabins and churches. The Smith Family Theater was excellent. No matter what age, everybody has a blast, and it's not that expensive.

I took the wife and girls to Pigeon Forge, TN, on a 4 day vacation with her parents. What a fun place! You could easily spend a week there. 30 minutes out of town you are in the Smokies. Cades Cove is really neat, with lots of old log cabins and churches. The Smith Family Theater was excellent. No matter what age, everybody has a blast, and it's not that expensive.

We got married and honeymooned there. We go back every couple of years on our anniversary. Some times of the year, traffic is horrible. As you might guess, the weekend after Thanksgiving is one example, thanks to the outlet malls.

Off season (winter) you can get rooms and cabins for really discounted rates or a free night after two or three paid. We've got spa tub rooms for $25.

For me, the trip lost something when the Smith and Wesson factory store closed up.