Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My Turn To Piss And Moan

AzRednek

Would love to send you some of our inscessant rain and cool temps.

I almost threw a boot at the tv when they said the rainfall this year was average. This has been the worst summer I've had in 20 years in Alaska.

the leaves started changing in July up here and are now falling off.

The moose don't know it's fall though, I saw fork horn today that was still very much in velvet.

You could be worse off AZ.

But these Southwestern desert dove don't like no stinkinbg rain.

If they get wet they leave for parts unknown. :D

It is the White Wings that head to Mexico at the first sign of Winter. The common Mourning Dove is a bit more stubborn and usually stick around much longer. Don't see many White Wings in my neck of the woods. Farmers that are close to a large city wont grow crops that attract the White Wings this time of year. I can't blame the farmers. Slob hunters leave garbage, trample crops, leave gates open and livestock head for the same parts unknown or devour crops especially lettuce and cabbage. Unfortunately there are the city type that have no respect for using somebody's property. Even worse than slob hunters are the hot-air balloon chasers that wont hesitate to go into 4WD and drive across crops.

I almost through a boot at the tv when they said the rainfall this year was average. This has been the worst summer I've had in 20 years in Alaska.

the leaves started changing in July up here and are now falling off.

The moose don't know it's fall though, I saw fork horn today that was still very much in velvet.

You could be worse off AZ.

Well according to Al Gore, its you Alaskans and your internal combustion engines that is causing it.

Well according to Al Gore, its you Alaskans and your internal combustion engines that is causing it.

There's only one way to reply to that-- :)

"That's not fair"

"That's not fair"

"That's not fair"

"That's not fair"

(Al Gore's chant after Clinton got impeached)

Ya, but it's a dry heat. Could be worse, earlier this week we had 98* and 80% humidity. I went out and shot my Bow after work. Great practice for early Archery season. Our opening day is Sept 15th.

Ralph

Ya, but it's a dry heat. Could be worse, earlier this week we had 98* and 80% humidity. I went out and shot my Bow after work. Great practice for early Archery season. Our opening day is Sept 15th.

Ralph

Ralph about 15 years ago I got a taste of the Missouri humidity. It was something crazy like 90 and 95%. Even with the heat the afternoon air looked like an early morning fog. My car's A/C unit fogged up the windshield, both inside and out. We were dragging a crank-up camp trailer that had just a simple evaporative cooler. We lasted at most about 2 hours in the campground before we decided it was time to leave and go find an air conditioned motel room. Compared to the three days here in Phoenix. I was working outside when the temps exceeded 120 and peaked at 122. It wasn't anywhere near as miserable as the hot high humidity in Missouri. The days the temps exceeded 120 here the humidity was like 5% or less. Given the choice I'll take the dry heat.