Military Firearm Restoration Corner

8Mm Ammo...getting Hard To Find

karlunity

Karl now that you live in a free state check around the net and see if there are any local want ads like Craig's List or Backpage.com. Craig's List prohibits ammo sales but use your imagination for cleverly worded ads. I have bought guns and ammo both off of Craig's. Put 8MM, 8 MM or Mauser in search on Craig's. Avoid words like ammo, ammunition, pistol, rifle, popular brand names like Winchester Smith and Wesson.

Here in Phx there are literally hundreds of guns listed daily on Backpage. At least 50-60% are over priced but there are some real bargains as well. There might be a local shooting association or club with a board and want ads. I missed a Remmy 870 20 ga youth model new in the box for $160.00 yesterday by about 30 minutes. By the time I arrived it was sold. I was going to give it to my granddaughter for Christmas. Few weeks ago I picked up a 380 Makarov with two mags and inside pants holster for $100.00. Use your head if arraigning meetings. Insist upon busy parking lots. A bud and I usually cover each others backs clandestinely watching the deal from a short distance away.

I had one bad experience. I listed my short but legal 12 double barrel. Buyer said he wanted it for Cowboy Action Shooting and we agreed to meet half way in a parking lot. Turned out to be 3 gang bangers in a low rider and I just drove past them. He had my cell number and I had to put up with some phone calls calling me racist. There was just no way I'd sell him a gun especially one that was originally papered to me.

Here are the Phx ads, chances are good there might be something similar in your area. http://phoenix.backpage.com/SportsEquipForSale/

Karl,

Having lived in Fl. and having been a air-conditioning repairman you are screwing up turning off your ac. Just set the temp and leave it the hell alone and you will save money. Shutting it down until needed just makes it work that much harder to get the heat out of your home.All the heat in the carpet,walls, furniture, and everything else must be removed before cooling starts. Leaving it running lets it just maintain the set temp. When not needed your ac will just shut-down by itself. Maybe the fan will run but this just circulates the air until needed to be conditioned by the ac. Set and forget it is the best policy. Foregive the misspelling this is a new computer and not all systems installed at this time.

Swamprat

Just a note:

I didn't get my nickname living in Kansas.