Military Firearm Restoration Corner

.357 Sig, My Wife Shot A German Shepherd

FC

I'm at an Army conference this week. My wife sounded frazzled this morning on the phone. She wanted a bb gun because there was a German Shepherd and a young retriever in our chicken coop. I told her to get the Glock G-33, .357 Sig, which she has never shot, ear muffs, and go out there and shoot the dogs. I still don't know how many chickens are dead, but it might be 11, including a special Welsumer rooster. I'm proud of my city girl. She said the German Shepherd was walking toward her. She fired three times, but thought she only shot twice. The last shot hit the dog in the neck, shooting through the choke collar (no tags on either dog). She said the dog went one foot, dropped, and breathed for a little bit. She didn't want to shoot "the cute pup", which was munching on one of my birds. She called the pound, who came and took the carcass and the little dog. The guy, plus my neighbors (we're on a heavily populated country road) said, "What in the world did you shoot him with?" She's saving the choke collar to show me. Wish I could see the bullet wound. I somewhat feel sorry for the dogs having crummy masters, but they committed a big sin being in my coop and killing my chickens. I'm impressed with her and the sub-compact Glock. You don't see many G-33s. I bought it about 5 years ago used for $300.

Good job. Around these parts, an animal attacking your livestock is a clean kill. Law don't care. Actually, an animal control guy told me that one on your property was "your dog" pretty much, but attacking your livestock, including your pets, and it's too bad who's dog it was.

A couple of weeks ago, I had to choke a shepherd off my bird dog. The shepherd is no longer, and the bird dog is slowly healing. Seeing what the shepherd did to my 70 pound bird dog, it's a good thing she had a gun. I only had my hands and a case of the azz. LLquote name='FC' date='14 September 2011 - 05:03 PM' timestamp='1316037785' post='51988']

I'm at an Army conference this week. My wife sounded frazzled this morning on the phone. She wanted a bb gun because there was a German Shepherd and a young retriever in our chicken coop. I told her to get the Glock G-33, .357 Sig, which she has never shot, ear muffs, and go out there and shoot the dogs. I still don't know how many chickens are dead, but it might be 11, including a special Welsumer rooster. I'm proud of my city girl. She said the German Shepherd was walking toward her. She fired three times, but thought she only shot twice. The last shot hit the dog in the neck, shooting through the choke collar (no tags on either dog). She said the dog went one foot, dropped, and breathed for a little bit. She didn't want to shoot "the cute pup", which was munching on one of my birds. She called the pound, who came and took the carcass and the little dog. The guy, plus my neighbors (we're on a heavily populated country road) said, "What in the world did you shoot him with?" She's saving the choke collar to show me. Wish I could see the bullet wound. I somewhat feel sorry for the dogs having crummy masters, but they committed a big sin being in my coop and killing my chickens. I'm impressed with her and the sub-compact Glock. You don't see many G-33s. I bought it about 5 years ago used for $300.

Yeah, the guy from the pound said next time to put the carcass on the road so the county has to pick it up. I have no idea whose dog it was, but they would owe me for my chickens. I really doubt the owners will have any idea what happened to their dog, and probably best that they and I don't know each other. I am going to get the place surveyed, then put up fencing this winter. Nice four row horse ranch style fencing in the most visible areas, and mesh fencing and barbed wire on the rest. Sounds like two to three birds are dead, and one wounded. Barbara said one hen, who probably got chased over the chain link fence into our back yard was cornered by one of our dogs, who likes to catch squirrels. She said the hen was crying, and then she knew something was wrong. That hen was bleeding a little. It's still hard to believe she shot that dog. She was saying to herself, "I don't know if I can shoot someone's dog", but when it was heading towards her she said, "I'm going to kill someone's dog." She did.