Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Have A Care At The Va

karlunity

A fella just told me that the VA asked if he had any guns in his house..

latter a doc asked if he ever felt stressd..or ever wished harm to any one..of course..he told them the first was none of their business and answered "No" to the other questions...a nurse told him that had he answered "YES" a note would have sent to Homeland security and he could have lost his carry permit..

Have a care what information you disclose..

karl

Karl I have heard similar stories and its my understanding they are true!

I have also heard that regular doctors are asking the same type of questions and if you answer yes to any of them you lose your gun rights.

In Illinois if you go to the hospital for any reason and some one asks you how you are doing, its possible that its an informal visit with the resident psychologist.

Under a new Illinois passed just a couple of years ago any health care provider can take away your gun rights.

Since hospitals dont want the liability they are having their resident psychologist do little knock and talk visits with patients if they get any so called wrong answers they inform the police, you lose your guns and your FOID card.

Its happened several times and the ISRA had to issue an alert on the subject.

When the original bill was introduced it was headed no where until rhino republican Kirk Dillard sponsored it in the Illinois Senate.

Sad part is the NRA later endorsed this rhino for Illinois governor.

Oh, Kirk Dillard republican rhino also endorsed his good friend Barrack Obama for president back in 2008 and the NRA in Illinois still claims this guy is pro-gun and deserves our support!

Sad part is the NRA later endorsed this rhino for Illinois governor.

Oh, Kirk Dillard republican rhino also endorsed his good friend Barrack Obama for president back in 2008 and the NRA in Illinois still claims this guy is pro-gun and deserves our support!

Sadly, the new Nra is only for the NRA.

I have been a Life Member for about 25 years but, They no longer represent my lifestylye or beliefs.

Sadly, the new Nra is only for the NRA.

I have been a Life Member for about 25 years but, They no longer represent my lifestylye or beliefs.

I dumped them a few years ago. I don't see how an organization can be "one issue" oriented so as to endorse RINOs and out-and-out liberals who know how to keep in the good graces of the NRA. This is how we end up with the Kirk Dillards and the Marky Begichs.

I'm going to have to disagree with you guys here. I just sent a check off for my 3 year renewal. Yes, the NRA isn't perfect, but they are still the most effective voice we have. Other groups are more hard core, but the NRA has made a lot of progress. I don't care about the magazines they send, I just think that the NRA is the only voice that the actual People of the U.S.A. have in Washington, and I want to make sure that voice continues to be heard. I would consider also donating to other groups, but only after the NRA has my donation (dues, whatever).