Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Well Put About Placing Blame On Geo. Bush

FC

From our local paper. Someone wrote a letter to the editor blaming George Bush as the root of our present problems. I love one of the responses by, "Thinker".

My opinion:

You can go way back and blame LBJ for the "Welfare State" (The Great Society Initiative)

You can blame Carter for the mess that is "Public Education" (The Federal Department of Education)

Blame JFK, Johnson and Nixon for Viet Nam.

Blame Bush I, Clinton and Bush II for unrest in the Middle East, (I would not agree with you but for the sake of discussion, you can say it), excessive spending, financial melt-down and let's not forget to blame Barney Frank for his part in the Fanny Mae/Freddie Mac implosion and the toxic asset mess.

My point is, laying the blame does nothing to rectify the problems.

Again, my opinion: Ronald Reagan inherited an awful mess from Jimmy Carter. He did not focus on who to blame. Instead he believed that the blame lay at the feet of government itself and he set about solving the problem. Like the man or not, you should be able to see that the nation prospered under his LEADERSHIP.

My problem with Obama is the way he has addressed the problems that he "inherited" and how he has tried to solve them. If excessive government spending is the problem then you don't solve it by increasing government spending.

If a five gallon bucket of gasoline is burning you do not try to extinguish it by pouring twenty more gallons of gas on it and THEN get the firefighters arguing among themselves over who should carry the bucket.

I had hoped that Herman Cain would be the man to bring some reasoning to the White House. If the latest accusations against him prove to be true then I was wrong. He's just another politician who will smile at you while lying through his teeth. That saddens me.

Blame is all he's got.

Gone is the notion that "the buck stops here". For Obama the buck stops with George Bush and with "lazy" Americans, with bitter clingers, and anyone else but himself.