Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Ron Paul

karlunity

Fellas.

Ron Paul is sounding better to me each time I hear him.

By his answers, it is clear that he knows and respects the Constitution.

For example: When questions were raised on Obamacare,the other candidates swore that they, if elected, would "repeal" it.

The President CANNOT repeal a law and only Ron Paul seemed to know this.

As to Iran, every one. except Ron Paul seemed happy and eager to start an other war...with out a declaration of war.

Now, I admit, I like war. I came by that honestly. I grew up watching John Wayne and joined the Marines as soon as I was old enough. That was against family advice as they wanted me to go to collage first, but I feared that the war might be over if I delayed.

I opposed the USSR and you fellas know how I feel about 9/11.

As to Iran and WMDs, face it, that is nothing but gun control writ large and for the same reasons.

The only way that the elite are going to feel safe is if we conquer and control and disarm the world but they don't have the stomach for it.

If we are not going to declare war and use all of our power at what ever hazard to win victory, if the game is not worth the candle, stay home.

We left Iraq after 9 years of war and they burned our flag and gave us the finger. We defend Europe in NATO from a USSR that has been gone for 20 years, while most of Europe had a better standard of living than we did as they did not have to support their own defense. Now we are bailing out the banks of Europe and borrowing from red China to do it...I sometimes think that the whole political world is having a bad LSD trip..bummer man.

I don't think Ron Paul is perfect, I would put tariffs in place, which he won't but I do say that he is by far the best of the lot.

karl

Ron Paul is WAY off base in regards to 9-1-1, Iran as a nuclear threat, and maintaining a strong national defense. I like some of his fiscal stances, but on foreign policy he comes off as a kook.

Ron Paul is WAY off base in regards to 9-1-1, Iran as a nuclear threat, and maintaining a strong national defense. I like some of his fiscal stances, but on foreign policy he comes off as a kook.

HOw is he off base with 911? He said it perfectly last night, if they attacked us because of our freedoms then why are they not attacking Switzerland and Sweden? We were attacked because we had troops stationed in Saudi Arabia, plain and simple. It is time to stop paying for the defense of other nations. America first.

Iran is no more of a nuclear threat than Iraq, remember how that turned out?

What is more kooky, the US sending 1/4th of its budget to the military, and by extension military contractors with huge lobby support, or.... not doing that? It's time to stop policing the world and working on building up America. I say schools and roads come before we spend $66 billion dollars on an aircraft with no definite purpose that even after being in service for 2 wars, has still seen no combat.

HOw is he off base with 911? He said it perfectly last night, if they attacked us because of our freedoms then why are they not attacking Switzerland and Sweden? We were attacked because we had troops stationed in Saudi Arabia, plain and simple. It is time to stop paying for the defense of other nations. America first.

What is more kooky, the US sending 1/4th of its budget to the military, and by extension military contractors with huge lobby support, or.... not doing that? It's time to stop policing the world and working on building up America. I say schools and roads come before we spend $66 billion dollars on an aircraft with no definite purpose that even after being in service for 2 wars, has still seen no combat.

Whoa Clayton, that kind of common sence talk will get you black listed :rolleyes:

No, America is the trading center of the world; Sweden and Switzerland are not. Also (for better or worse) America has supported Israel as the only democratic country in the Middle East. These two things, along with a culture Islam sees as decadent, mark the US as "The Great Satan" in the eyes radical Islamists.

Iran no more threat than Iraq was? I don't know how you could make any such comparison. Apples/oranges.

I agree we need to focus on our problems at home, but I also believe we cannot close our eyes to those who want to destroy us. Walk softly but carry a big stick. What good are roads and schools in cities where dirty bombs have gone off?

Remember one thing, if you want nobama out, you have to vote for who ever is nomated for the GOP to run for Pres. even if you don`t like them.

Absolutely. But a vote cast in idealism for a candidate who cannot win is a vote for Obama. None of the current GOP candidates are like McCain. All of them, even Paul, are immeasurably better than Obama.

I agree, well said.

Tom

Ron Paul.

He may not get the GOP nomination,the media and party bosses will try their best to stop him.

But if he wins enough delegates in the primaries to be a political force, he may have enough say as to the party platform to bring the GOP back closer to the Constitution.

I, for one, am tied of us fighting endless wars and defending nations who either give us the finger or have a far higher standard of living since we are supplying the troops to defend them.

This war on terror should have ended in a month.

We should have given the local leaders of the Islamic states a list of names and a week to send those on it or their heads to us...else the missiles fly..so long Mecca.

Ten years of nation building was insane...These folks have hates and clan ties going back to Sargon and our pols expected to "Civilize em" in a few years??? I think that many in DC are on LSD and having a bad trip..bummer man.

As to Iran..Red China had atomic weapons and we managed to deal with Meo, who was one very bad man, I fail to see why we should wet our collective pants over Iran.

Our going to war with Iran would benefit Israel and the Saudis..we would fight the war bleed and pay and Saudis and Issy's become the regional powers..been there done that...sell them weapons, for cash, and let them fight their own war.

karl

No, America is the trading center of the world; Sweden and Switzerland are not. Also (for better or worse) America has supported Israel as the only democratic country in the Middle East. These two things, along with a culture Islam sees as decadent, mark the US as "The Great Satan" in the eyes radical Islamists.

Iran no more threat than Iraq was? I don't know how you could make any such comparison. Apples/oranges.

I agree we need to focus on our problems at home, but I also believe we cannot close our eyes to those who want to destroy us. Walk softly but carry a big stick. What good are roads and schools in cities where dirty bombs have gone off?

Osama Bin Laden said him self it was because of US troops stationed in SA. He sent threats in the 90's after we stationed troops there to watch over Iraq and no one took it seriously, look where it got us. We need to get out of the middle east. If you think Iran is such a threat, what about all the other nuclear powers we haven't always gotten along with? Hell we sent navy seals into Pakistan, a nuclear power. We have fought proxy wars with China and The Soviet Union, both nuclear powers, and nothing ever happened. North Korea hates the US more than any other country, under Bush they were allowed to acquire nukes, test them, and build ballistic missiles to fire them.... and nothing happened. I don't know too many people that would call his foreign policy soft, and it still failed to prevent a hostile nation from getting them.

Israel is not the only democracy in the middle east. But I am glad you said that because while it may be the only democracy supported by the US in the middle east, there are plenty of totalitarian rulers that we support.

And a dirty bomb? Really? That is almost as crazy as Newt saying he is worried about terrorist using a EMP attack against us. Wow sounds scary right? Well lets dissect that a little more. How could it be carried out against us? By detonating a megaton class nuclear weapon in the upper atmosphere above the central United States. Please read that one more time, take it all in, and think about it. I am not even sure the US has the capability to do that. Do we even have megaton weapons that will fit in a rocket that can reach the upper atmosphere?

Let's remember, there are the people whos most advanced weapon can the thrown together in a few hours on a farm.

America first.

Osama Bin Laden said him self it was because of US troops stationed in SA. He sent threats in the 90's after we stationed troops there to watch over Iraq and no one took it seriously, look where it got us. We need to get out of the middle east. If you think Iran is such a threat, what about all the other nuclear powers we haven't always gotten along with? Hell we sent navy seals into Pakistan, a nuclear power. We have fought proxy wars with China and The Soviet Union, both nuclear powers, and nothing ever happened. North Korea hates the US more than any other country, under Bush they were allowed to acquire nukes, test them, and build ballistic missiles to fire them.... and nothing happened. I don't know too many people that would call his foreign policy soft, and it still failed to prevent a hostile nation from getting them.

Israel is not the only democracy in the middle east.

And a dirty bomb? Really? That is almost as crazy as Newt saying he is worried about terrorist using a EMP attack against us. Wow sounds scary right? Well lets dissect that a little more. How could it be carried out against us? By detonating a megaton class nuclear weapon in the upper atmosphere above the central United States. Please read that one more time, take it all in, and think about it. I am not even sure the US has the capability to do that. Do we even have megaton weapons that will fit in a rocket that can reach the upper atmosphere?

Let's remember, there are the people whos most advanced weapon can the thrown together in a few hours on a farm.

America first.

America first? Absolutely. Guess we view things differently, but since I am not arguing with a liberal (I suspect you are a Libertarian), I don't see any sense in arguing at all. Anyway, I have found out that Paul supporters are way more touchy than liberals about their guy and are just about imposible to argue with. So be it. And as I said above, anyone is better than Obama. If Paul won the nomination (which I do not expect will happen) I will vote for him. There now, go polish a rifle and relax. I'm not your enemy.

Nobama 2012

I would not worry too much about getting "Black listed" around here....heck..we even let in guys from Alaska..: )

karl

Thanks for including us northerners. :)

Due to our time zone, we are the last to vote in a presidential election, and by the time we do, the election has already been decided, so we mostly vote just to say we did.

Don't even get me started on the Electoral College.

You know that is a very good point.

We don't vote for the President, we vote to alot electors and they may or may not vote as we direct. There is a case where one, who was supposed to vote for Ford. wrote in Reagan's name. So Reagan got that vote even through he was not in the election. Perhaps we need to change ...other side ..if we do change, will it become easier to steal elections?

karl

You know that is a very good point.

We don't vote for the President, we vote to alot electors and they may or may not vote as we direct. There is a case where one, who was supposed to vote for Ford. wrote in Reagan's name. So Reagan got that vote even through he was not in the election. Perhaps we need to change ...other side ..if we do change, will it become easier to steal elections?

karl

I remember Hillary wanted to do away with the electorial college. I don't remember the details of what was said but the talking heads were saying without it Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City would decided who the president is every election. having the college gives a voice to the conservative middle America and the South.

Tom

True.

The ACLU is starting to cry that requiring valid photo id in voting is somehow racist.

Since anyone can get that I D by presenting a birth certificate regardless of race...I don't see the problem..but I am not a liberal lie...urr lawyer.

The whole process of our elections is in question.

Karl

I remember Hillary wanted to do away with the electorial college. I don't remember the details of what was said but the talking heads were saying without it Los Angeles, Chicago and New York City would decided who the president is every election. having the college gives a voice to the conservative middle America and the South.

Tom

I don't think so, I am sure those 3 places have a split vote, as it is now the states of California, New York, a Illinois already account for about 1/5th of the votes. And with the electoral college, if 49% of the population votes for A and 51% for B, then all of the 104 votes go to B.

If a candidate gets 51% in the 11 largest states, they win the election. Even if 100% in the other 39 states votes for the other guy.

It was designed to be a scam, the founding fathers wanted liberty and democracy, but they didn't trust the average citizen. The whole point was to have congress decide who will be the president and vice president, and remember only half of congress was voted on by the people at the time.

It was designed to be a scam, the founding fathers wanted liberty and democracy, but they didn't trust the average citizen.

Having spent some time in Walmart recently, I know exactly what the Founding Fathers were thinking.

Remember one thing, if you want nobama out, you have to vote for who ever is nomated for the GOP to run for Pres. even if you don`t like them.

After saying for rears I'd never vote for John McCain I was forced to eat my words. I'm with you I'd vote for Bozo the Clown, Alfred E Newman or Satan before Obama. I'm really afraid it is going to be a Gingrich/Romney ticket.