Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Nepal Gahendra Restore

haloman

Fine work.

As to shooting it...hope this helps.

"For the all the rifles use the LoC load. 85 grains of Fg use a card wad at the bottom of the neck, add a 1/2 in beeswax scrubber and two card wads, the 480 grain bullet.

For the Original British rifles you can use a.468 diameter paper patched or grease groove bullet. for the MKIV you will get even better results with a .470 diameter bullet"

karl

For the Gahendra you should slug the bore and see what you have and use bullets of that appropriate size.

Joe, did you get your francotte from A.C. too? What condition is it. Does it look like it might be a shooter? I'm rebuilding mine from the ground up and rebarreling to 33 win. I wouldn't have shot it before the rebuild. Too far gone.

I also have a Gahendra and have shot it. It has a nice bore, but, the throat is the tightest spot in the whole bore. Not very conducive to accuracy. I did manage about 4 inches at 50 yds. I guess minute of pig. The trigger pull felt like about 20 lbs.

Keep us updated on your progress.

both Gahendras have about 4 lb pulls, very smooth and crisp not sure about the francotte but it will be a shooter, I just have some minor stock repair to do on it and replace or repair the firing pin. All three guns came from A.C. and all three bores are almost mint. It is in very good shape with some minor pitting along the sides of the barrel. I will post pics when i get it cleaned and put back together.