Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Helping Our Dear Arab Friends

karlunity

http://www.ynetnews.com/articles/0,7340,L-4194506,00.html

'US to announce aerial blockade on Syria'

OK.. so we air blockade Syria and their Air Force and air defense systems object.

In order to protect our "air blockade" we must " degrade"...bomb..them.

This is called "WAR" seems that that darn old Constitution said something about Congress????

What if China or Russia decide not to respect our blockade? Do we shoot them down?

Russia does have several thousand Nukes..or.will.we back down when our Chinese bankers start calling our debts?

How are we going to look then???

Or, perhaps we win and put the Islamic brotherhood in power? How is that going to help as they are fundamentalists??

Seems to me that all we are doing is building that caliphate that Beck spoke of last year.

In a nutshell the foreign policy of Obama/Clinton is what I'd expect from the average 12 year old.

And what would that make the foreign policy of Bush? A 12 year old that didn't get enough hugs?

What about the foreign policy of the 3 neocons running against Obama? I am talking about the ones salivating over a chance to go to war with Iran. You know the 3 with no military experience, 2 of which were eligible for the draft during Vietnam. A 12 year old who had an uncle with boundary issues?

Whether Obama wins or not, we are screwed.

While I support RP in this.

I have say that I would prefer Mr.Bush to Clinton/Obama any day.

While Mr. Bush made some mistakes...not bringing enough troops to war, his father used 560.000 men and he tried to use about half that. Everyone did think that Saddam had WMD's I recall reading the news reports in the 90's.

No..Mr.Bush may not have been Washington but he was better than the progressives.

Our foes feared him and allies respected him.

While I support RP in this.

I have say that I would prefer Mr.Bush to Clinton/Obama any day.

While Mr. Bush made some mistakes...not bringing enough troops to war, his father used 560.000 men and he tried to use about half that. Everyone did think that Saddam had WMD's I recall reading the news reports in the 90's.

No..Mr.Bush may not have been Washington but he was better than the progressives.

Our foes feared him and allies respected him.

I prefer a balanced budget (Clinton), Bush started the longest war(s) in US history, DOUBLED the national debt (even if Obama wins a second term he won't do that).

The UN inspectors had JUST left Iraq when we attacked, they found no definitive evidence of WMDs. We can't just attack everyone who we say is doing something bad when we have no evidence. Bush squandered the US credibility. Our foes didn't fear him, they attacked us within months of him taking office. Our allies left us in Iraq while their citizens were burning US flags and pictures of president Bush.

I read a news report just the other day from the 90's that said Iran would have nuclear weapons within a year. Look how well that turned out.

"prefer a balanced budget (Clinton), Bush started the longest war(s) in US history, DOUBLED the national debt (even if Obama wins a second term he won't do that). "

Clinton rode the dot-com boom and with the USSR gone could build a balanced budget.

9/11 required a forceful response and that attack was planned while Clinton was President.

Bush did spend but wars cost.

Now I take the position that unless we are attacked we should mind our own business but if we are attacked..declare war and wage total war till victory and that as soon as possible.

That is why I support Ron Paul.

Bush did spend but wars cost.

My problem with G Dubya is he was / is a liar.

The fact is that G Dubya was able to use a political propaganda campaign to start a war that further enriched his billionaire buddies at the cost of thousands of American dead, untold thousands of Iraqi dead and a ruined American economy.

The fact that we (US) had just spent ten years ensuring Iraq was not a threat to anyone seems to be conveniently forgotten. Also forgotten is the fact that G Dubya once gave for an excuse for going to war; "He (Saddam) tried to kill my Dad."

The fact that his own insiders finally admitted lying about al-Qaida connections to Iraq is mysteriously overlooked.

Now the US is left with an elevan years old war that should have and could have been won and over with in one year.

Clayton is correct in saying Obama will be hard pressed to equal G Dubya's feat of doubling the debt or doubling the size of the government.

Wrong- Clinton was a sleezeball liar. He was a guy who balanced the budget? He cared? I was wondering who voted for that devil? Keep voting for those libtards, since you want to throw out the neocon label. BTW, about 500 WMDs were found, just not advertised, and not the kind you want, like nukes. Where do you think all the chemical weapons went? Just disappeared? Your Dem buddies- Hillary, Kerry, and who else wanted the war. Now it's still old Bush's fault? Take the blame!

Back to the subject- get rid of Assad and let the same thing happen that occured in Egypt. I would love to get rid of Assad, but I have little confidence in the populace.

After 9/11 no one was willing or should have been willing to take the chance of a couple of pounds of Saran or Mustard gas being let off and yes Saddam did have it and in fact used it.

Now would I have invaded? Not without twice the number of troops in order to secure things..we WERE too dependent on "Shock and Awe". Should we have gone to Congress for a declaration of war as the Constitution requires? Yes...was both Mr. Bush and the Congress wrong to act with that? yes.

But I think that Mr. Bush's mistakes were honest. I cannot say the same for Mr. Obama.

karl

After 9/11 no one was willing or should have been willing to take the chance of a couple of pounds of Saran or Mustard gas being let off and yes Saddam did have it and in fact used it.

Now would I have invaded? Not without twice the number of troops in order to secure things..we WERE too dependent on "Shock and Awe". Should we have gone to Congress for a declaration of war as the Constitution requires? Yes...was both Mr. Bush and the Congress wrong to act with that? yes.

But I think that Mr. Bush's mistakes were honest. I cannot say the same for Mr. Obama.

karl

We could argue the pros and cons of the bush jr administration till the cows come home but it’s really a moot point. It will be decades if ever, before the United States regains the honor and prestige lost during his administration.

The country as a whole is has a moral deficit brought on by liberals and allowed to propagate by quasi-conservatives all too willing to turn their heads as long as they are profiting from what ever vile things are occurring.

We could argue the pros and cons of the bush jr administration till the cows come home but its really a moot point. It will be decades if ever, before the United States regains the honor and prestige lost during his administration.

The country as a whole is has a moral deficit brought on by liberals and allowed to propagate by quasi-conservatives all too willing to turn their heads as long as they are profiting from what ever vile things are occurring.

We see this in different lights. I think that Mr.Bush was and is at heart a good man and the he tried to be a good President. but we can agree that we need a return to the Constitution, and reform of the Federal Government.

karl