Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Heritage Rough Rider Revolvers

karlunity

Heritage Rough Rider Revolvers $ 129 even with $40 more in tranfere fees it seems a good deal.

The cost of ammo, and the fact that nearest indoor range I know of won't allow reloads.

is making me think of getting a .22. Any one ever hear of this brand?

I am trying to keep this under $ 200 bucks.

Any suggestions welcome.

karl

I really enjoy mine. It has the 9.5 or 10 inch barrel, I can't remember which. I have taken several squirrels at ranges up to 45 yards. Mine is very accurate, and the option to quickly change to 22 mag is a plus. Cheap in price, yes. Quality wise, they are a good revolver that stand up to a lot of abuse. The case "kicker" is one thing that seems cheaply made and could be fastened to the frame better and if you get one with the fiber optic front site, watch out because they break easily. Other than that, if you have the chance buy one, go for it.

Brenden

Karl

I looked at a new browning last weekend. It was a scaled down 1911 in 22 cal and was the cutest little pistol I've ever seen. The price tag was too much for me.

Heritage Rough Rider Revolvers $ 129 even with $40 more in tranfere fees it seems a good deal.

The cost of ammo, and the fact that nearest indoor range I know of won't allow reloads.

is making me think of getting a .22. Any one ever hear of this brand?

I am trying to keep this under $ 200 bucks.

Any suggestions welcome.

karl

I've had one for several years. It is the LR/Mag convertible with fixed sights. Shoots better than I can hold. Finish is not what you will find on a S&W or a Colt but a perfectly servicable shooter as good as a Ruger SA IMO. Only SA i've ever seen that had a manual safety.

JM2c

I suggest you wait until you can scrounge up a few more bux and by one of the 22RF 1911 knock-offs. Loading and unloading a single action 22 will test your patience especially if you're paying hourly range fees. I got a NIB 1911 knock-off about a year or so ago at a gun show for about 250. It came with 2 mags and extra cheapie plastic mags were under 10 bux. After a hundred or so rds through it breaking it in. It is now reliable. Not totally jam proof but failures are rare. I can probably load and shoot three 10rd mags in the same time it takes to unload and load six rds in a single action 22RF revolver. The only problem with it was an Allen head screw holding the rear sight backing out. A blast of brake-clean and a drop of lock-tite fixed it. Just recently my neighbor and I shot up a 250rd box of cheapie ammo from Wally's in the 1911. I had one jam, my neighbor two.

Picked it up and took it home today.

It was $218 but I got both cylinders..the finish is a bit rough but, all the clicks are tight.

I figure it will pay for itself in saved ammo costs by Summer.

karl

Picked it up and took it home today.

It was $218 but I got both cylinders..the finish is a bit rough but, all the clicks are tight.

I figure it will pay for itself in saved ammo costs by Summer.

karl

I'm really glad to hear retirement in Florida hasn't changed you. I was worried you were going to trade your guns for golf clubs. Take advantage of the cheapie 22Rf out there but treat yourself to at least one box of 22 mags. Being from Arizona I normally would suggest you carry some snake loads but from what I've heard about the snakes in Florida. I don't think there is a legal firearm available to handle them. Maybe a double barreled blast head shot from a 10 ga might slow them down a bit.

They had two types a 6 in barrel with adjustable sights and a 4 inch with fixed sights.

I looked at both as both were the same price.. the adjustable sights were the better deal and make more sense for a target gun..but I just liked the 4 inch barrel better...putting a red front sight on a cowboy gun was a bit much.

karl

Az I took your advice and got me a box of .22 mag hp.

I was not able to shoot today as for some reason the range was packed..I will try tomorow and report back.

You fellas think the Hippy would get mad if I sold the house and used the loot to buy build a small range?

karl

• 2 weeks later...

This revolver groups well, very accurate. but be careful cleaning..use only a nylon tooth brush ..I used a brass brush and took off some of the finish.It was easy to fix...but use a nylon tooth brush and avoid the annoyance..still for the price 1/3 of a Ruger I am pleased with it. Brass bore brushes are ok.

karl