Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Boyd Stock

spec4 e4

I always drill out the stock and reinstall the ferrule. You need something to keep the proper spacing.

this. I reused the old brass one from the original. but if you dont have it brownells make some that can be filed to the right height and bedded in. I also plan on bedding the original but like the brass look and being able to bring things from its old life into the new one.

You can also use the threaded tube from a lamp if you don't have a ferrule available. Go to a thrift store and find a tall lamp and you will have a lifetime supply. If you are glass bedding the pillars, the treads will give the bedding a place to bite.

Thanks all, this is my first Boyd's stock. My wife is happy so far with the stock and Yugo barrel action, and the barrel is a PH barrel that I had on hand. Plus I have a 260 Rem, 7-08mm, 243 Win, 30-06 Springfield, and a SG Yugo 8mm barrels also on hand that I am working. But I am working on the Yugo Barrel action and working on the turk with 30-06 barrel. I should take a few pics and post it here.

Rob

update: Just order three more stock for my projects. 30-06 is getting a black/grey FT thumbhole stock, 243 also get a a Ft thumbhole stock in camo. I am using a Wildcat stock on the 260 Rem. The barrel is a F54 and the barrel channel is a 1-1/4" straight channel. The barrel will be 100% free floating. And SG 8MM Yugo barrel will get a PRAIRIE HUNTER MAUSER® YUGO 48 MILITARY BARREL CHANNEL NUTMEG LAMINATE. Also bought three bold triggers. As for the 7-08mm I have not made up my mind yet. Thinking of going with a ATI stock and have a few stock hydra-dip, there is a place that does it near me in Liberty, Mo. Cost about 100 per stock. I like to have my Rem. Viper stock, the winter M48 Yugo with the other PH barrel(stock is a ATI), and the 7-08mm. But that will be the last project that I will be doing, then onto the AR-15. I even might sell the rest of the Mauser receivers that I have left if the Co-op dies.