Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Hope To Move Again..: )

karlunity

The Hippy was reading about smart meters and EMF.

I have talked her into moving IF I can find a rural spot.

perhaps 10 miles outside of town. With no smart meters and I want a spot for a range 200 meters would be ideal but even 50 would do.

bout 1 to 150 k would be ideal.

any ideas?

Karl

I told you to check out NW Arkansas on the way to FL.

I dunno what "too cold for the Hippy" is, though. We do get snow. It typically only lasts a day or two. She may find that 4 seasons is a nice change.

I have made up my mind already. It is Custer County Colorado. Very small (population wise) but these people have their heads screwed on and are resisting expansion of government.

http://www.custercountygov.com/

Check out the "assessor" link in the menu of the left. Compare the property tax to where you like now.

Check out their "Home Owners packet" a guide to living in the western US and what to expect http://www.custercountygov.com/index.php?pg=informational_docs

The valley base is at 7500 ft. So first of all there is low humidity. Also a vastly reduced number of bugs compared to the plains. Large number of sunny days year round, so you can build a passive solar house to keep your utility bills low year round. No need for air conditioning, just need ventilation during the summer days. Temperature drops sharply at night. Yes it snows, but after a couple of days of snow the sun comes back out and a week later the snow is gone. This does not hold for areas over 10k ft where the snowpack builds all winter.

There are different zones, but most of the affordable land is in zone 2. This has a minimum lot size of 35 acres. Many lots this size are available for around $22-26k, undeveloped, within some of the larger sub divisions. It is important to read the covenants of the subdivisions. Some impose time limits on building that may not be acceptable and are more or less restrictive about what one can do. The land that interests me has relatively few restrictions, is relatively isolated, has no utilities and a very low population density. The more remote, the cheaper and wilder the land typically is. In some places, you may get around better on horseback than with the road system.

Thank you fellas.

I know you did Doc. But have you ever tried to convince your lady to do something when she is fixed on something else?

Easier to let her see she made a mistake and than fix it.

I can handle big fellas in their wild mood.

But..the Hippy? Well,you know how that goes.

wimpy karl