Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Been Gone Too Long

swamp_thing

Well, after a long time gone from this site as well as the internet in general, I have to stop back and catch up on the old gang. Sure have missed the time spent with everyone here. Hope you all don't mind if I re-enter the group and hang out once in awhile. It's going to take some time to catch up on who is still around and who is new since my departure. Anyway, glad to be back in the flock and look forward to hearing from you all. Swamp_thing

Sorry, no revenuers on my back. Got tossed to the curb in a go nowhere relationship after 25 years and just kind of drifted off in a different direction. Moved back to Nebraska (home for me) and have regrouped. Things are all better again and I'm back in the grove of things. Of course, I'm not complaining, just figured everyone kind of deserves an explanation as to where I went.

Looking forward to the great times and wealth of info on this site again. Thanks for having me back guys.

Swamp_thing

Ps, Glad to see Farting Chicken back around too. Hows life treating you?

Tony, I actually am about sixty miles northwest of Bellevue, and at one time lived there. I have a brother in Papillion. Would like to have the chance to get together and meet up sometime. A few years back you talked about using a shooting range in Beemer. I am not too far from there. If you ever get the chance to get up around Fremont area, lets let a little lead fly. If you are interested and can make it to the area, send me an email and we will see what we can work out. Would love the chance to get to know you. Have always thought what you have done to build this site was outstanding and speaks highly of you. swamp_thing

Sure, we'll have to do that. I guess the range near Beemer is still there? It was a nice place to go. I used to let the girls wander around out there while I shot. I'm going to a relative's wedding in September, but I'm only there long enough to get up there, then fly back. I appreciate the invitation!

Tony, Don't know about the range in Beemer. What I do know is that I have a spot that we can shoot up to 200 yards with no problem and is private. Anytime that you can make it up this way it would be a pleasure to have you do so. It is private property and no worry's with disturbing anyone as it is where I live. Would love to get the chance to meet up with you.

Gosh, are the girls old enough to be getting married already? Take care and let me know when you can spend the day or whatever and have a chance to shoot and shoot the bull a bit. swamp_thing

Thank you for your hospitality.

I adopted my first wife's daughter. Long story, but she sure put me through the wringer for many years. We had no relationship, but now my natural-born daughters tell me I'm the only dad she has, and she wants me there. I figure it's the right thing to do.