Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Mauser Project

drgoose

It has been a couple of weeks since I last posted something. I have not had much time to work on my little projects lately but this weekend I finally got to it. Here is a picture of my almost completed K98 action on a featherweight stock and an F54 308 Adams and Bennett Barrel. This rifle still needs to be chambered but that will be for next week (the reamer got mailed to the wrong address by 4D). With this rifle I did my first bedding job and my first durabake finish. The durabake was surprisingly easy to use but I failed to listen to the warings about not baking it in your oven unless your wife is going to be at least 4 hours away from the house but the lashings were not that many.

Untitled-3.jpg

Wonderful looking rifle, drgoose, and should give you much pride and joy. I can only suggest following the recommended break in for the barrel, and it will give its best. Like others, I look forward to your completion and subsequent test and know that you'll smile at your accomplishments.

Spiris